Compensation

The Star now reporting we could get as much as £5m compo for Bruce: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-newcastle-united-set-to-offer-steve-bruce-transfer-war-chest-to-secure-st-james-park-switch-470278

If this anywhere near accurate we've got to take it haven't we?  We've all been saying for a while that we'll need to sell players to get out of financial doo-doo, but if we get hard cash for a manager who's only been here six months and then appoint someone like Hughton who I see as being on a similar level to Bruce, that's a deal you've got to take isn't it? 

Probably, but it's by no means a given that we'll get Hughton.  I've never been more fuckedoff by a situation at Hillsborough since Atkinson left for Villa.  So, so, depressing.

Edited by Sham67

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Probably, but it's by no means a given that we'll get Hughton.  I've never been more fuckedoff by a situation at Hillsborough since Atkinson left for Villa.  So, so, depressing.

If we can get 5 million and Hughton it wouldn't be depressing.

If....

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

5 million could buy us Hector.

There is no guarantee a new manager would want him.  Same with the other 3 signings.  We're back to square one with the season coming like a jail on wheels.

£5m is decent, bad as it is to lose a manager so close to the start of the season, DC will have done well with that number. 

Nowhere near as good a situation as keeping the manager we waited for and invested in, but not our fault.

3 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

£3.5 +  Aarons and Lazaar 

It would be absolute madness to sign players the new manager may not want.  Our first priority should be to get Hughton in over the weekend.

DC - look here Stevie me old mucker, you can go and talk to the Toon but if tha gets job then tha knows our position. 

Agent SB - Don't worry DC.

Lazaar, Aaron's and anybody else that will help get you promoted will be loaned to you and I'll get that MA to pay half their wages. 

I'll buy Big Hec and loan him to you as well. 

DC - Get the sen off ladlol