Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Put Utds list up .

 

That will make your eyes bleed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's the £200,000 noted that we got from Preston for Marnick Vermijl

 

Think it was reported as undisclosed but was around that sort of figure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, katie melua said:

Where's the £200,000 noted that we got from Preston for Marnick Vermijl

 

Think it was reported as undisclosed but was around that sort of figure

 

Yeah to be fair theres probably a few small fees that aren't trackable. But even they are few and far between. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

This can't be true can it? If so pretty much every club in the Championship and below has made more money than us in transfer fees in the last couple of seasons alone nevermind 10 years. 

 

No wonder we are in an embargo. 

 

 

Screenshot_20190710-235253_Chrome.jpg

 

Totally agree. Shocking and mental, that we actually got money for Wiggins. Actual real money, the genuine stuff you can trade for goods and services... for him. 

 

:laugh:

 

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, A12owl said:

We havnt got a record of development of players at any level.

I think at last we now do have a pretty good record, some decent players coming through. Penney the pick of the lot, at the mo.

Wasn't it Dave Jones that sorted the academy out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/07/2019 at 20:52, hugeowl said:

Put Utds list up .

 

That will make your eyes bleed 

Did this for last 10 years with details off Transfer Markt.

 

Not gone through players though, just sum they've given at end (no undisclosed figuires obviously)

                    SWFC     SUFC

image.png.a6d98a3f579cf5e61188a327e8637eb4.png

Edited by Hack-Abusi
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 08:53, SallyCinnamon said:

We haven’t been well ran for almost two decades. 

Make that 6 decades,weve been used n abused,investment was offered at various stages,but the bourbon crunchers made it a closed shop,they were scared of bieng eclipsed or having to match the fortunes offered and empty their own pockets,shamefull really,that they held onto power for so long

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 08:52, RichSheffWeds said:

It’s been a problem for a long time.

 

We should have been selling players for good money.

 

All part of a sensible strategy to make a club work. 

 

Losing big name star players might upset fans but it’s the right thing to do.

 

Pigs and Norwich good examples recently  who sold players for big money but still prospered. 

 

Yes but as a club who do we improve? Nobody.

 

as such we buy high and sell low. Or just pay their wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 08:44, TheEnchanter said:

This can't be true can it? If so pretty much every club in the Championship and below has made more money than us in transfer fees in the last couple of seasons alone nevermind 10 years. 

 

No wonder we are in an embargo. 

 

 

Screenshot_20190710-235253_Chrome.jpg

 

May, Vermijl, Hunt and Wiggins all sold under DC. 

 

We havent sold well at all, but they should at least think about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, heppers said:

 

Yes but as a club who do we improve? Nobody.

 

as such we buy high and sell low. Or just pay their wages.

 

Lets take the last 2-3 years.

 

We bought Reach for £5m. In January after his high profile goals £8-10m would be realistic in an inflated market for young, fit English players. Why we didn’t sell him given our finances is beyond me. 

 

We picked up Lees for next to nothing. 2 years ago he would have commanded £3-4m comfortably.

 

At his peak, Forestieri was worth £10m plus. 

 

Bannan has been touted as an £8-10m value player.

 

We haven’t improved many but there have been some we should have sold if we are going to be run as a financially viable football club. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

 

Lets take the last 2-3 years.

 

We bought Reach for £5m. In January after his high profile goals £8-10m would be realistic in an inflated market for young, fit English players. Why we didn’t sell him given our finances is beyond me. 

 

We picked up Lees for next to nothing. 2 years ago he would have commanded £3-4m comfortably.

 

At his peak, Forestieri was worth £10m plus. 

 

Bannan has been touted as an £8-10m value player.

 

We haven’t improved many but there have been some we should have sold if we are going to be run as a financially viable football club. 

 

Good post. Yes I agree.

 

Our inability to nurture talent is a long term problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 03:50, jonnyowl said:

We have never unearthed a gem have we?

 

Sign a young player for less than a million then 18 months later sell him for silly money.

 

Other clubs do it, we have to start doing it!

one thing dem lot are good at, I think chansiri has tried to upgrade youth but tbh we are surrounded by top drawer set ups including them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...