But unlike Mr.Henfleet, Thierry Henry is a real person and currently out of work

28 minutes ago, Minton said:

That made literally zero sense :tango:

It really does make perfect sense. 

3 minutes ago, George said:

It really does make perfect sense. 

No, you make perfect sense.

I've definitely re-read it and it definitely, 100%, totally doesn't make sense. 

Maybe.

Shut up.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know why I’m unsure about Hughton He ticks so many boxes, and he seems a decent guy to boot, but........

As a member of Sussex CCC, I talk to a lot of Brighton supporters, many of them season ticket holders. Not many of them shed too many tears when he left. It appears he had run out of ideas, and the football was dire. They suggest that, when things go wrong, a bit like Carlos, he doesn’t know how to change things. Having said that, the guy got Brighton into the Premier League, and kept them there, no mean achievement. Maybe, he just needed a change of scenery 

I wouldn’t be against Wednesday appointing Chris Hughton as manager, despite a few doubts

He got them up and kept them up.

..what else were these fans expecting? 

Anything beyond that is fantasy. One of my faves to go down next season.

..as and when they do, be interesting to hear their views on Hughton then.

• Agree 2

Could be good timing to appoint Houghton, Brighton are spending and spending...to stay in the premier league. 

Pushing Houghton's original playing squad further down the ranks 

On 10/07/2019 at 19:53, deano said:

Another vote for CH, sensible manager who I suspect will have the last laugh if Brighton struggle this year. 

Brighton will be like Ipswich after Dingle Mick.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Minton said:

But unlike Mr.Henfleet, Thierry Henry is a real person and currently out of work

Yeah because he’s a crap coach Have you ever listened to his punditry? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He got them up and kept them up.

..what else were these fans expecting? 

Anything beyond that is fantasy. One of my faves to go down next season.

..as and when they do, be interesting to hear their views on Hughton then.

Tbf, the footballing was dire, and there was never a plan b.  I get why Brighton were done, as classy a gent Hughton is.

Just seen some bloke in Burger King off Leppings Lane with number plate

C HU9H7ON... just saying :ph34r:

Hughton inherited a terrible team in the Championship that were in the bottom 3 at the half-way point. He kept them up that season, almost got automatic promotion the next, secured automatic promotion with 3 games to spare the following season, and then consolidated all that by achieving safety fairly comfortably in the first Premier League season.

Something happened in the second season around the turn of the year. Nothing was in the pubic domain, but you could clearly see a difference on the pitch. I think the reason he wasn’t kept on for this coming season was the fear that the terrible form from Jan to May (and it really was terrible) would carry on next season, not dissimilar to Huddersfield in the second half of 17/18 and into last season. 

Anyone that says he’s an inherently defensive manager is talking out of their arse. The football by Brighton in 15/16 and 16/17 was scintillating, and they were capable of turning a penalty box clearance into attack (and often a goal) in the blink of an eye. He is however realistic, and he knew that the players capable of employing those tactics in the Championship would get destroyed doing the same against some of the best players in the world. 

34 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Just seen some bloke in Burger King off Leppings Lane with number plate

C HU9H7ON... just saying :ph34r:

Are you sure it wasn't KFC.

6 hours ago, BHA83 said:

Hughton inherited a terrible team in the Championship that were in the bottom 3 at the half-way point. He kept them up that season, almost got automatic promotion the next, secured automatic promotion with 3 games to spare the following season, and then consolidated all that by achieving safety fairly comfortably in the first Premier League season.

Something happened in the second season around the turn of the year. Nothing was in the pubic domain, but you could clearly see a difference on the pitch. I think the reason he wasn’t kept on for this coming season was the fear that the terrible form from Jan to May (and it really was terrible) would carry on next season, not dissimilar to Huddersfield in the second half of 17/18 and into last season. 

Anyone that says he’s an inherently defensive manager is talking out of their arse. The football by Brighton in 15/16 and 16/17 was scintillating, and they were capable of turning a penalty box clearance into attack (and often a goal) in the blink of an eye. He is however realistic, and he knew that the players capable of employing those tactics in the Championship would get destroyed doing the same against some of the best players in the world. 

Hi Chris, hardly scintillating though was it? 

28 minutes ago, Terry one leg said:

Hi Chris, hardly scintillating though was it? 

Does it matter if the end result is automatic promotion.

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Does it matter if the end result is automatic promotion.

Did i say it did? I just don't get this love in with him, all i recall was them playing with width having quick players and full backs that attacked. Far better managers out there for me.

16 minutes ago, Terry one leg said:

Did i say it did? I just don't get this love in with him, all i recall was them playing with width having quick players and full backs that attacked. Far better managers out there for me.

Name one who is available.

18 hours ago, George said:

As I have said elsewhere. Chris Hughton is a really classy operator, a proper gentleman and I would love to have him at Wednesday, in fact he could take us up and pass Brighton and Newcastle coming the other way.

And the pigs.....

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Terry one leg said:

One that's done the business and is available.

Posted (edited)

Any appointment at any club is a gamble. There is no guarantee of success no matter who you bring in. 

SB was a terrific appointment imo, really got the fans believing we had our best chance of success under a manager who’d done it numerous times. Alas there aren’t many around like SB that’s available. 

I hope DC learnt from the Jos debacle and appoints someone with some success on his CV in this league. Hughton ticks that box, not sure there’s many others about. But still, CH wouldn’t mean any guarantees of promotion. 

He gets my vote

Edited by Essix Blue
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Any appointment at any club is a gamble. There is no guarantee of success no matter who you bring in. 

SB was a terrific appointment imo, really got the fans believing we had our best chance of success under a manager who’d done it numerous times. Alas there aren’t many around like SB that’s available. 

I hope DC learnt from the Jos debacle and appoints someone with some success on his CV in this league. Hughton ticks that box, not sure there’s many others about. But still, CH wouldn’t mean any guarantees of promotion. 

He gets my vote

Totally agree. He’s the stand out candidate and he should be the first person we speak to. Chansiri will know him due to our battles with Brighton and he will be able to work with Hughton - he’s a consummate professional and a man of integrity.

• Agree 1