Chris Hughton

29 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

My choice Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Knows the league, got championship promotions under his belt, great network for loans, will hit the ground running, 

Oh sorry, none of the above and three weeks to solve it. :Sid:

10 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Knows the league, got championship promotions under his belt, great network for loans, will hit the ground running, 

Oh sorry, none of the above and three weeks to solve it. :Sid:

Bielsa at Leeds ? Nuno at Wolves ?

They had all of that didn't they ? Nope they had fantastic records at top clubs. Not saying he's guaranteed to work but players would respect him has a good network and links abroad and is not in a job.

Big yes from me

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

They had all of that didn't they ? Nope they had fantastic records at top clubs. Not saying he's guaranteed to work but players would respect him has a good network and links abroad and is not in a job.

Big yes from me

for every bielsa (who's won nothing yet) and nuno (who spent more than NASA) i'll see you with coco, and mr. dead that we employed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well it did work out alright, Bullen started to turn our fortunes around, then handed over the reins to Bruce, who continued the progress We will always be at the mercy of a manager leaving for “supposedly” better things

£120kpa or £1mpa, I 'suppose' I know which i'd go for, (and the £120kpa is NOT unattractive I might add).

7 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

If we do go for him and he's willing to come here? I hope he's the real deal and it's because he wants to be here and to become the legend that finally gets us back up. And not just here for a pay packet or a stepping stone onto bigger riches elsewhere like Bruce or Carlos. If he's anything like Bruce or Carlos? No idea if he is but if he or any other candidates are just like them, I'd avoid them. And go for someone who genuinely wants to be here and sees it as an opportunity to become a club hero. Maybe someone at a traditionally smaller club? Someone who hasn't managed a similar sized club? With no disrespect intended, if we can't get Hughton and if he wouldn't come here? I would go.for someone like Paul Cook; Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or the Cowley Brothers or someone like that. Hopefully the Bruce saga is put to bed and we can crack on, move on, bring in someone who wants to be here, and build for the future with them.

we had one, WE f***ed him off at the very start as we didn't need him.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know why I’m unsure about Hughton He ticks so many boxes, and he seems a decent guy to boot, but........

As a member of Sussex CCC, I talk to a lot of Brighton supporters, many of them season ticket holders. Not many of them shed too many tears when he left. It appears he had run out of ideas, and the football was dire. They suggest that, when things go wrong, a bit like Carlos, he doesn’t know how to change things. Having said that, the guy got Brighton into the Premier League, and kept them there, no mean achievement. Maybe, he just needed a change of scenery 

I wouldn’t be against Wednesday appointing Chris Hughton as manager, despite a few doubts

If he gets us promoted and keeps us in the prem for two years I'd happy with accepting he might lose the plot in season 4

As I have said elsewhere. Chris Hughton is a really classy operator, a proper gentleman and I would love to have him at Wednesday, in fact he could take us up and pass Brighton and Newcastle coming the other way.

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Big yes from me

How much did both of these managers have to bring in players on loan and transfer - Wolves brought in £50m of talent on loans and free, Leeds signed a goal keeper from Real Madrid bought £15m in players and 4 loans signing from Man City and Chelsea they made some money from investing in youth something we are very very bad at. 

In comparison this season we have signed 2 free agents from second division clubs and another who has only player 70 games in 5 seasons. Slight difference in squad development compared with Wolves and Leeds.

For me we look for a name manager with good links to the premier league who could give us positive exposure and also get the club moving forward for me I would be looking at someone like Ryan Giggs. Current Wales manager but I can see him leaving them for a real chance of management with us. 

3 minutes ago, George said:

It really does make perfect sense. 

No, you make perfect sense.

I've definitely re-read it and it definitely, 100%, totally doesn't make sense. 

Maybe.

Shut up.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know why I’m unsure about Hughton He ticks so many boxes, and he seems a decent guy to boot, but........

As a member of Sussex CCC, I talk to a lot of Brighton supporters, many of them season ticket holders. Not many of them shed too many tears when he left. It appears he had run out of ideas, and the football was dire. They suggest that, when things go wrong, a bit like Carlos, he doesn’t know how to change things. Having said that, the guy got Brighton into the Premier League, and kept them there, no mean achievement. Maybe, he just needed a change of scenery 

I wouldn’t be against Wednesday appointing Chris Hughton as manager, despite a few doubts

He got them up and kept them up.

..what else were these fans expecting? 

Anything beyond that is fantasy. One of my faves to go down next season.

..as and when they do, be interesting to hear their views on Hughton then.