Chris Hughton

17 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

That's my main fear too. Maybe out of frustration over losing Bruce after all he did to bring him here by allowing him his time off he needed before he took charge. There's the possibility that DC might decide to go back to appointing obscure yes men type appointments from abroad with no EFL experience or knowledge. That would be a step backwards and a huge risk? I'd try and avoid washed up merry-go-round types too.

Hughton would be the smartest option out of the names you mentioned. Big Sam and Moyes types would probably be too expensive, I'd also avoid the likes of McLaren, O'Neill and Pulis for doubts about being washed up, whilst the likes of Monk and Rowett, seem to me like British versions of Carlos hopping between jobs whilst going through short good spells and bad spells.

For those reasons proven managers that achieved in the Championship such as the likes of Hughton or Jokanovic, would be a good fit? I'd go down that route without too much change or the managers on the rise in the EFL route, such as the likes of Alex Neil; Johnson, Stendel or the Cowley Brothers, etc for example, in order to build something more long term?

i'd rather give it to someone off the kop than half the names on that list, and McLaren heads that list.

14 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

David Wagner & Daniel Farke were both unknown foreign managers.

CC and JL were unknown too and unfortunately will now live long in my memory. 

The two above who you name were sourced by same guy who works now as CEO at Norwich. That is a big difference to being fed out of work coaches who are on books/known to Agents of club and neither of whom knew anything about UK football when before setting foot in country. The two you mentioned also had been exposed to good quality football (top tier) in Europe which is essential if you are to manage in Championship. from abroad. 

I don’t know why I’m unsure about Hughton He ticks so many boxes, and he seems a decent guy to boot, but........

As a member of Sussex CCC, I talk to a lot of Brighton supporters, many of them season ticket holders. Not many of them shed too many tears when he left. It appears he had run out of ideas, and the football was dire. They suggest that, when things go wrong, a bit like Carlos, he doesn’t know how to change things. Having said that, the guy got Brighton into the Premier League, and kept them there, no mean achievement. Maybe, he just needed a change of scenery 

I wouldn’t be against Wednesday appointing Chris Hughton as manager, despite a few doubts

With the money DC is shovelling into the club he needs us promoted as soon as possible. That means he needs an experienced manager with a track record of promotions. We are effectively broke because of P & S restrictions so it needs to be someone with a great knowledge of EFL players and Premiership contacts so we can pick up cheap/free signings and quality loans.

If someone meets all those requirements I'll get behind him.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

With the money DC is shovelling into the club he needs us promoted as soon as possible. That means he needs an experienced manager with a track record of promotions. We are effectively broke because of P & S restrictions so it needs to be someone with a great knowledge of EFL players and Premiership contacts so we can pick up cheap/free signings and quality loans.

If someone meets all those requirements I'll get behind him.

With £40m going into the coffers, if Bruce leaves, and following the ground sale, those restrictions will surely be eased? However, I agree, we can’t be reckless, we still need to take a more measured approach with any new manager

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know why I’m unsure about Hughton He ticks so many boxes, and he seems a decent guy to boot, but........

As a member of Sussex CCC, I talk to a lot of Brighton supporters, many of them season ticket holders. Not many of them shed too many tears when he left. It appears he had run out of ideas, and the football was dire. They suggest that, when things go wrong, a bit like Carlos, he doesn’t know how to change things. Having said that, the guy got Brighton into the Premier League, and kept them there, no mean achievement. Maybe, he just needed a change of scenery 

I wouldn’t be against Wednesday appointing Chris Hughton as manager, despite a few doubts

I know what you mean. That said his CV is impressive, well regarded in football. Sometimes managers go stale at clubs, just look at Wenger towards the end. 

When I think of his Brighton side and how they attacked relentlessly in that play off semi final. Ive rarely seen that and we were extremely luck to go through that tie. 

If we are looking for an experienced manager, not in work with promotion from the Championship on his CV, there really is no one better I can think of. 

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

With £40m going into the coffers, if Bruce leaves, and following the ground sale, those restrictions will surely be eased? However, I agree, we can’t be reckless, we still need to take a more measured approach with any new manager

That money covers last years £30+ M loss. We will probably lose £15M this year as things stand. Money is still tight. We don't have a pot of gold to spend unless we want to be in the poo next year.

On 10/07/2019 at 19:35, Think tank said:

The only appointment that we can make to avoid the departure of Bruce being a disaster! 

Really hope DC is on it already! 

Hughton won't be taking a job anytime soon, he's under a restrictive covenants deal that would lose him a great deal of money if he takes a new job

next

8 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Hughton won't be taking a job anytime soon, he's under a restrictive covenants deal that would lose him a great deal of money if he takes a new job

next

Do you know, for how long this applies? Maybe, if he’s worth waiting for, we can look to Bullen in the interim

34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

WTF does being member of a camping shop down south have to do with anything??!!:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, English Man said:

We gonna do this again? Wait for him to finish his holidays? Worked out well last time. 

Well it did work out alright, Bullen started to turn our fortunes around, then handed over the reins to Bruce, who continued the progress We will always be at the mercy of a manager leaving for “supposedly” better things