Chris Hughton

Guest gizowl
36 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

The getting there is the hard part. I'd love for us to finally go up after all these years. We could either go for it short term or build for it longer term? Either way could work but after being left in the lurch by Bruce, the next appointment as to be not only right but the right fit more than short term. If this season isn't going to be another write off and if the futures going to be bright. That's why I'm in two minds, about either going proven Championship experienced again or freshening things up with a more long term plan with a younger EFL manager on the rise? Both options might work and be more sensible than going abroad for someone with no EFL experience or little EFL knowledge? Both options have risks but I can see positives in going for either way about it.

I think there's a few good options out there, my first preference would be Hughton, would big Sam be interested?,Gary Monk younger option, my worry is DC coming up with some obscure appointment, hopefully he's learnt his lesson. 

21 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I think there's a few good options out there, my first preference would be Hughton, would big Sam be interested?,Gary Monk younger option, my worry is DC coming up with some obscure appointment, hopefully he's learnt his lesson. 

That's my main fear too. Maybe out of frustration over losing Bruce after all he did to bring him here by allowing him his time off he needed before he took charge. There's the possibility that DC might decide to go back to appointing obscure yes men type appointments from abroad with no EFL experience or knowledge. That would be a step backwards and a huge risk? I'd try and avoid washed up merry-go-round types too.

Hughton would be the smartest option out of the names you mentioned. Big Sam and Moyes types would probably be too expensive, I'd also avoid the likes of McLaren, O'Neill and Pulis for doubts about being washed up, whilst the likes of Monk and Rowett, seem to me like British versions of Carlos hopping between jobs whilst going through short good spells and bad spells.

For those reasons proven managers that achieved in the Championship such as the likes of Hughton or Jokanovic, would be a good fit? I'd go down that route without too much change or the managers on the rise in the EFL route, such as the likes of Alex Neil; Johnson, Stendel or the Cowley Brothers, etc for example, in order to build something more long term?

Edited by The Night-Owl

25 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

There's the possibility that DC might decide to go back to appointing obscure yes men type appointments from abroad with no EFL experience or knowledge.

Why would he do that? It costs him money to get rid, Bruce leaving is the exact opposite, he'll be receiving money.

9 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Why would he do that? It costs him money to get rid, Bruce leaving is the exact opposite, he'll be receiving money.

True but they might seem to him a cheaper more reliable or controllable option or something along those lines? Hope he doesn't return to that way of doing things. Personally I think the best thing to do would be to go for proven Championship level quality again (such as Hughton or Jokanovic, for example) or to go the younger on the rise in the EFL route (such as Alex Neil, Stendel or the Cowley Brothers, for example).

Edited by The Night-Owl

5 hours ago, unkastav said:

Wouldve been great. Hughton in, without a month at the cricket, storm the league, top two. Pigs miss out in play offs. Swap rhodes for maupay and finish mid table in prem. this cider at the cricket is strong:Sid:

Fourteen pints later, it's not so strong after all!

Enjoy your evening... we're in a World Cup Final!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

David Wagner & Daniel Farke were both unknown foreign managers.

Thinking about it, none of the promoted clubs last season had 'experienced' Championship managers.

On 10/07/2019 at 19:58, yeadonowl said:

Really can’t see Hughton taking the job with no cash to spend 

The other options

Monk

Rowett

Karanka

Keane

Pearson

Mark Hughes 

Pulis

All of these either won’t work with no budget or just don’t inspire me for the season ahead. What a shower of s&&&

Roy Keane please 

If we do go for him and he's willing to come here? I hope he's the real deal and it's because he wants to be here and to become the legend that finally gets us back up. And not just here for a pay packet or a stepping stone onto bigger riches elsewhere like Bruce or Carlos. If he's anything like Bruce or Carlos? No idea if he is but if he or any other candidates are just like them, I'd avoid them. And go for someone who genuinely wants to be here and sees it as an opportunity to become a club hero. Maybe someone at a traditionally smaller club? Someone who hasn't managed a similar sized club? With no disrespect intended, if we can't get Hughton and if he wouldn't come here? I would go.for someone like Paul Cook; Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or the Cowley Brothers or someone like that. Hopefully the Bruce saga is put to bed and we can crack on, move on, bring in someone who wants to be here, and build for the future with them.