Chris Hughton

Not much of a choice 3 weeks before the season starts. I’d be disappointed to see a merry go round manager like Monk or Rowett. 

Hughton is the stand out. No current club, lead Brighton to promotion with a clear plan and strategy. We need to continue the building blocks Bruce has put in place. He may take the personnel, but the structure is starting to come together.

Hughton would carry this on I feel with the continued long term vision.  

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Not much of a choice 3 weeks before the season starts. I’d be disappointed to see a merry go round manager like Monk or Rowett. 

Hughton is the stand out. No current club, lead Brighton to promotion with a clear plan and strategy. We need to continue the building blocks Bruce has put in place. He may take the personnel, but the structure is starting to come together.

Hughton would carry this on I feel with the continued long term vision.  

I agree. Last thing we need right now is an arrogant young manager ripping everything up to put his own stamp on things. Whoever comes in - if there's a change - must be willing to work with existing staff and players recently signed. 

Hughton in every full season he’s managed in the Championship. 

09/10 1st Newcastle

11/12 4th Birmingham

15/16 3rd Brighton (Same points as 2nd)

16/17 2nd Brighton

He is the absolute stand out candidate for the job, his Championship record is incredible. 

• Like 2

Just dont feel Hughton would come here to be honest??? Just a pretty dog shyte situation all round. Bruce was such a fantastic appointment for us and honestly the best appointment we had made in a long long time. He would have built something here. I can understand his situation and it being his boyhood club. But the fact remains Mike Ashley is a complete fool and Bruce will be a fall guy and they will be baying for his blood after 4 games. 

Honestly think DC will just put Bullen in charge but not the right move at all in the long run! 

13 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

09/10 1st Newcastle

11/12 4th Birmingham

16/17 2nd Brighton

He is the absolute stand out candidate for the job, his Championship record is incredible. 

Can't argue with that, however I suspect he might still think he can still land a low end prem job. 

I would have probably preferred Hughton over Bruce had the former been available last January.

That's not to say that Bruce hasn't exceeded expectations and done a really good job since being appointed but, at the time, I think that Hughton would have been the better option.

19 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

09/10 1st Newcastle

11/12 4th Birmingham

16/17 2nd Brighton

TBH that is pretty impressive. Get on the blower DC, I've gone from ambivalent to interested. 

46 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

09/10 1st Newcastle

11/12 4th Birmingham

16/17 2nd Brighton

100%, also his style is similar to Bruce so won't be as much of an upheaval as going for someone very left field. 

12th July : Steve Bruce leaves to join Newcastle United as manager.

25th July : Chris Hughton appointed new Sheffield Wednesday manager.

30th October : Steve Bruce sacked as Newcastle boss.

3rd November: Chris Hughton appointed new Newcastle manager after guiding Wednesday into the top 3 after a strong start.

7th November: Steve Bruce appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager.

It's the Wednesday way. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JOHNHARKES said:

12th July : Steve Bruce leaves to join Newcastle United as manager.

25th July : Chris Hughton appointed new Sheffield Wednesday manager.

30th October : Steve Bruce sacked as Newcastle boss.

3rd November: Chris Hughton appointed new Newcastle manager after guiding Wednesday into the top 3 after a strong start.

7th November: Steve Bruce appointed Sheffield Wednesday manager.

It's the Wednesday way. 

Plus £5m compensation for Steve Bruce & £5m compensation for Chris Hughton along the way... yippee!!