1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

One hopeful straw upon which to clutch...

Hughton's comments about not wanting the job were made before Bruce officially resigned. This maybe is out of respect and professionalism because saying that you are up for the job whilst somebody else is in the post looks bad.

Now that there is clearly a vacancy, I wonder if his story might change?

How do you know this bud?

8 minutes ago, bedfordowl said:

How do you know this bud?

I don't. That's why I ask the question... It's often etiquette not to say openly that you are interested in a job that somebody else is already in.

Had Hughton been unemployed 3-4 years ago then I think he'd have been interested.

But we've spent the money, and whoever takes the job has got to accept that.

Bruce may have also been doubtful to some extent about our promotability.

More likely he just dropped anchor for a few months on his voyage to the North East.

So I just don't see why Hughton would want to come to us now.

That Scouser with laryngitis at Wigan might come, for instance.

Karanka might, but we're then back to the same old problem of not having the right sort of players to make his game work here.

I'm not as against Megson as many on here, but how many of our lot have got the necessary fire in their bellies to give what he demands every week?

But Hughton is now beyond us I would think.

If Hughton is waiting for a club from the Prem coming for him, I think he'll be disappointed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OWO said:

If Hughton is waiting for a club from the Prem coming for him, I think he'll be disappointed 

Newcastle at Christmas? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Newcastle at Christmas? 

Really don’t think he will go back there. Particularly when they are second bottom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stoop said:

Over a 46 games season that equates to just over 3 wins

lol

Yeah, but draw the other 43 and that’s 52 points.

Zola’s Invincible Owls.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Newcastle at Christmas? 

Only if we employ him first....

• Haha 2

The suggestion was made in earlier posts that "Chris Hughton is beyond us".

Well, I do not see it being so difficult to sell Sheffield Wednesday FC.

Plus we have the core of a decent side.

• Thanks 1

Tell Chris to come and when the premier league club comes knocking he can leave - another £4 million in the kitty.

Keep this up and we'll be loaded next season!

• Haha 2

His price as drifted to 7-1 from evens  This suggests reports he is not interested are true. 

8 minutes ago, Quist said:

His price as drifted to 7-1 from evens  This suggests reports he is not interested are true. 

I wouldn’t pay any attention to odds currently. Was a surge in last 24 hours for bullen. It’s not his time yet.

Mr chansiri is in a rush for promotion. It will be some one who excites us. 

• Like 1

Just now, owlse said:

I wouldn’t pay any attention to odds currently. Was a surge in last 24 hours for bullen. It’s not his time yet.

not trying to influence but please be careful with backing Bullen,  IF it's deemed he is a default caretaker he has to be in charge for 10 games 

1 minute ago, owlse said:

I accept odds manipulated by agents especially in initial markets but the also monitor what fans are saying. Hughton was very popular they took no chance. He has gone out across the boards as a result.

Think DC will want somebody who has a good reputation and quite a few interesting names I would prefer he gets someone who can get us promoted rather than us say wow. Betting is well spread and it suggests no one has got the nod or we are in keen pursuit of. Zola who had been positioned by his agents at forefront of market now drifting as they realise would not go down well and everyone realises he his hopeless as manager. Rowett now favourite with two companies as low as 11-4 it appears someone has had a punt but still 7-1 on another site which suggests nowhere near definite.

Yea 

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

I accept odds manipulated by agents especially in initial markets but the also monitor what fans are saying. Hughton was very popular they took no chance. He has gone out across the boards as a result.

Think DC will want somebody who has a good reputation and quite a few interesting names I would prefer he gets someone who can get us promoted rather than us say wow. Betting is well spread and it suggests no one has got the nod or we are in keen pursuit of. Zola who had been positioned by his agents at forefront of market now drifting as they realise would not go down well and everyone realises he his hopeless as manager. Rowett now favourite with two companies as low as 11-4 it appears someone has had a punt but still 7-1 on another site which suggests nowhere near definite.

Yea the current market can be manipulated at very little cost. 

Agree. He will want someone who can get us promoted ASAP.

plus I think he may well throw whatever money we have got from the   snake to fund it. 

25 minutes ago, owlse said:

Yea 

Yea the current market can be manipulated at very little cost. 

Agree. He will want someone who can get us promoted ASAP.

plus I think he may well throw whatever money we have got from the   snake to fund it. 

I think last point partially true he will pay good wages the snake getting no more at new job than he was here unless he gets into top half of table. He has indicated looking for someone not currently in work which I personally not happy about as excludes lots of good candidates.

25 minutes ago, Quist said:

I think last point partially true he will pay good wages the snake getting no more at new job than he was here unless he gets into top half of table. He has indicated looking for someone not currently in work which I personally not happy about as excludes lots of good candidates.

chansiri a man of honour. I am ok with that.  

Bronckhorst is a good shout 

I’d worry about the career ambitions of this lad if he came here. We are a skint 2nd division side that’s been out of the top league for 20 years. No way would a manager with this reputation find here, and people need to get real. He doesn’t need to take the gamble. 

We are fishing firmly in the Monk, Rowett, Holloway pot. Failed managers trying to get back on the gravy train. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

I’d worry about the career ambitions of this lad if he came here. We are a skint 2nd division side that’s been out of the top league for 20 years. No way would a manager with this reputation find here, and people need to get real. He doesn’t need to take the gamble. 

We are fishing firmly in the Monk, Rowett, Holloway pot. Failed managers trying to get back on the gravy train. 

Skint ? Lets see what happens with Sheffield 2,3,4 and 5 .

i am sure it will all become clear.

32 minutes ago, owlse said:

chansiri a man of honour. I am ok with that.  

Bronckhorst is a good shout 

That is true but does not mean you can not approach clubs in dignified way for manager. You would never buy any player from another club if only approaching those out of contract. Just because Newcastle behaved in dishonourable way does not mean every approach has to be conducted in such a nasty manner. If the club says no you walk away.