17 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

What about the ex Fulham promotion team Slaviša Jokanović with Stuart Gray

if not Hughton or John Terry ?

Jokanovic would be awsome but sadly he is earning mega money in the middle east, if there was a chance of getting him then it's a no brainers.

Were it to be Hughton, would he go back to Brighton for any of the players that have served him well A quick glance at the Brighton squad, and I can’t see any players who might be useful to us, not ones that might be available to loan. Perhaps Hemed, but with Fletcher still here, that would be unlikely

Edited by gurujuan

Is Knockaert still a regular? They did seem to sign replacements for him but not sure any of them pulled up any trees. 

1 minute ago, Herb said:

Is Knockaert still a regular? They did seem to sign replacements for him but not sure any of them pulled up any trees. 

I’m not sure they would loan him out

Typical owlstalk there is no proof whatsoever we want hughton or vice versa but we are already signing brightons cast offs:Sid:

• Haha 1

I thought when we beat Brighton in the Play Off Semi his subsequent signing of Duffy was inspired and helped create a defence that took them to automatic promotion the following season to the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Typical owlstalk there is no proof whatsoever we want hughton or vice versa but we are already signing brightons cast offs:Sid:

Don't think anyone is being signed.. it’s a Hughton thread and people are discussing the possible advantages of attracting him to the job. 

28 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Hughton is the bookies fave though, it’s not entirely baseless.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

£10 million release clause in contract as caveat (nailed on)..... We will easy get out of P&S,/ FFP at this rate..... 

4 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Yes but that could have something to do with the spare £200,000 I put on it this morning.

4 Jun 2019 - BARNSLEY have spoken to head coach Daniel Stendel about a new deal – but the German is reluctant to commit until he receives assurances ...

Taken both Newcastle and Brighton up, and kept Brighton up twice. 

I'd take him in a heartbeat - no compo needed either. 

There is no one at Brighton I would want.

it's been a crap week for Wednesdayites but if we were to appoint Chris Hughton then it would soften the blow and I think there would be a massive buzz around Hillsborough. when you look at the managers favorite to take over he's definitely one of the best options imo

He'd be the perfect tonic to all of this.
Sadly can't see him uprooting from darn sarf though.

5 minutes ago, The Horse said:

He'd be the perfect tonic to all of this.
Sadly can't see him uprooting from darn sarf though.

As plenty of people have pointed out, he's managed Newcastle and Brum.

There may be names out there with more upside potential (Van Bronckhorst is one) but Hughton is the obvious choice, and we can afford to pay his Brighton compo now, surely. Would be weird if we weren't trying to make this happen.

Edited by WC1Owl

10 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

As plenty of people have pointed out, he's managed Newcastle and Brum.

There may be names out there with more upside potential (Van Bronckhorst is one) but Hughton is the obvious choice, and we can afford to pay his Brighton compo now, surely. Would be weird if we weren't trying to make this happen.

Hasn’t he left Brighton or am I being wooshed