Chris Hughton

13 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

Two seasons of regularly destroying teams by 3 or more goals and turning goal-line blocks into counter attacks and goals was quite exciting. 

Regularly? I count 12 wins by 3 or more goals in those 2 seasons, so only 12 times in 94 games. Thats only 1 big win every 8 games, and only 12 of your 52 total wins, which gained 182 points in 2 seasons scoring 147 goals.

Sorry, that's just not good enough for some on here :Sid:

• Like 1

Probably in the minority but I don't see Hughton being a success here in the same way he has been elsewhere. Totally expecting a out of work foreign coach to come in should Bruce go which isn't the certainty it appeared to be earlier in the week?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

Probably in the minority but I don't see Hughton being a success here in the same way he has been elsewhere. Totally expecting a out of work foreign coach to come in should Bruce go which isn't the certainty it appeared to be earlier in the week?

Why wouldn't Hughton be a success?

12 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why wouldn't Hughton be a success?

Not sure TBH. He comes across as a steady eddie type of manager who can over achieve from time to time but eventually runs out of steam as we've seen at some of his previous clubs. Also I don't think he'd come on the terms Chansiri likes to offer such as one year rolling contracts, this type of contract often appeals to foreign managers who are used to getting the sack regularly as we've seen with CC and JL. Though I am surprised Bruce signed on those terms?

3 minutes ago, Terry one leg said:

I get your point but put pace in any side in this league and they'll do damage. We've just seen what he does in the premier league and when we go up it would hardly be an inspiring choice, its alright thinking short term to get out but id prefer to build towards something better and i felt Bruce would have done that and i don't get that with Hughton at all. 

We are worlds away from the premiership not even worth thinking about. 

Need to worry about who gives is the best chance of promotion making us 200m richer 

5 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not sure TBH. He comes across as a steady eddie type of manager who can over achieve from time to time but eventually runs out of steam as we've seen at some of his previous clubs. Also I don't think he'd come on the terms Chansiri likes to offer such as one year rolling contracts, this type of contract often appeals to foreign managers who are used to getting the sack regularly as we've seen with CC and JL. Though I am surprised Bruce signed on those terms?

Steady Eddie? We are a Championship club aiming for promotion. 

Hughton’s record in 4 Championship seasons:

1st Newcastle 2010

4th Birmingham 2012

3rd Brighton 2016

2nd Brighton 2017

Hughtons record in full Premier League seasons:

11th Norwich 2013

15th Brighton 2018

17th Brighton 2019

He’s proven he’s a manager whose successful in the Championship and can keep teams up in the Premier League. Which is exactly Sheffield Wednesdays aim over the next few years to achieve, so we won’t do no better than Hughton. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

He'd surely be the best option. But would he come? He was heavily linked with the West Brom and Middlesbrough jobs a couple of months ago but didn't go there, so why would he come to us? 

Been thinking similar regardless of wether we go for him there’s no guarantees he even necessarily wants it 

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Steady Eddie? We are a Championship club aiming for promotion. 

Hughton’s record in 4 Championship seasons:

1st Newcastle 2010

4th Birmingham 2012

3rd Brighton 2016

2nd Brighton 2017

Hughtons record in full Premier League seasons:

11th Norwich 2013

15th Brighton 2018

17th Brighton 2019

He’s proven he’s a manager whose successful in the Championship and can keep teams up in the Premier League. Which is exactly Sheffield Wednesdays aim over the next few years to achieve, so we won’t do no better than Hughton. 

You obviously know a lot more than me then :biggrin:

I think it all depends how far Chansiri is advised in the domestic market,  hopefully it’s away from the Allardyce/Moyes/Pardew bracket 

I’d rather have a look at bringing someone like Paul Tisdale and Matt Oakley in than throw money at some dinosaur like Allardyce and the boys 

Absolute no brainier. If the inevitable happens hughton has to be first choice, I was delighted when we got Bruce and see CH as a like for like replacement, similar ages, CVs, style of play and he would also have a larger budget due to the compensation. Hughton did an amazing job at Brighton who were awful when he took over but became the ideal championship side on little money under his watch he also strikes me as one of footballs nice guys.. so as I say a no brainier hope DC is already on it 

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I think it all depends how far Chansiri is advised in the domestic market,  hopefully it’s away from the Allardyce/Moyes/Pardew bracket 

I’d rather have a look at bringing someone like Paul Tisdale and Matt Oakley in than throw money at some dinosaur like Allardyce and the boys 

Think Hughton is the best fit for us but i'd be very excited if Allardyce was to walk through the door. Moyes is more than capable too but Pardew would bring me to tears

Edited by Ash76