Breaking News - Borner confirmed - OFFICIAL

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I don't like it when the opposition striker drops into midfield, and our centre back follows him, leaving a massive gap in our back four

Borner did this in one of the friendlies, the ball was played over our back 3 to their winger, a cross came in and Borner couldn't get back which cost us a goal

I hope someone stops him doing this

I think he was trying to press the striker early and force them into a mistake/win the ball back...

Fine when it works, but, if it doesn't, you might have a problem. 

Just needs to time it right. 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I don't like it when the opposition striker drops into midfield, and our centre back follows him, leaving a massive gap in our back four

Borner did this in one of the friendlies, the ball was played over our back 3 to their winger, a cross came in and Borner couldn't get back which cost us a goal

Loovens used to do this as well to be fair.

34 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Loovens used to do this as well to be fair.

Yes he did, but Loovens usually got something on the striker to stop him turning and running past him, he gave quite a few free kicks away doing this.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

What happened to the good old days of playing a sweeper to stop this happening.? 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

What happened to the good old days of playing a sweeper to stop this happening.? 

Er sweepers are now holding midfielders...well, unless you play a three. 

It will be interesting to see him today and how he copes with the movement of quality players.

They might run him ragged.

Only seen him against Lincoln so very unfair to judge but my thought was we desperately need Hector back 

Great to see him written off before most people have seen him play. That's the Owlstalk spirit!

For what it is worth, I thought he was very solid against Lincoln. Good positional play and could really pick out a pass. Player several long balls out to the wing with accuracy. This really was a key tactic against Lincoln and worked well.

But that was the only pre-season game I've made before today so we'll have to wait and see.