Breaking News - Borner confirmed - OFFICIAL

7 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

You can sign free transfers especially when they show a reduced wage from the players that are already at the club. Doesn't mean we aren't still in an embargo. Which we all know we are. 

So why wait weeks on end to announce and confirm him then?

Just now, poite said:

So why wait weeks on end to announce and confirm him then?

They still analyse every signing I presume. He's signed anyway and we ARE still in an embargo. So it proves you can sign free agents like other clubs have done over the years when they were in an embargo. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Pleased with this but he’s the least important of the three. Odubajo is an excellent player and Harris’ pace is vital to us. These are the two that need to go through.  I’m guessing it’s done in the order they were signed??

20 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Great news.

All the other "signings" will be confirmed this week.

Then Bruce will be confirmed as new Newcastle manager.

It's the Wednesday way.

I hope I'm wrong about Bruce.

With Michael Hector signing for Fulham to top it off

Be interesting to know what criteria the FA need, to allow a player to be registered.

Are Westwood and Borner both under 15k per week?

Was Westwood already registered and Borner under 15k?

Would they advise against a contract for Lee?

Harris and Odubajo would likely be bigger earners, due to recently being on PL contracts...

Stoke announced 5 at once, we are being drip fed 1 at a time 

Replaces Hector, who just swept the board for Player of the Season awards.

Bought by a manager who is not going to be around too much longer.

From the lower leagues in Germany, the level at which our favourite ex-manager plies his trade. 

I'm thinking next season's scapegoat, move over Fox!  Somewhere between Guy Branston and Darren Purse is my guess.  He'll probably have a cult following with the types who rated  the Andy Booth, Andy Pearce types, after he's gone through a few players with late tackles (due to his lack of speed in mind and body) and he tries reight hard. 

But good luck to the lad..I really mean it. I hope he smashes my negativity into oblivion.

9 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

They still analyse every signing I presume. He's signed anyway an d we ARE still in an embargo. So it proves you can sign free agents like other clubs have done over the years when they were in an embargo. 

Are you sure?  Someone on here said the umbongo would be lifted on Wednesday, and it's already Thursday!

#confused

14 hours ago, modboy said:

How's this guy getting on in preseason. Anyone seen him play?

I don't like it when the opposition striker drops into midfield, and our centre back follows him, leaving a massive gap in our back four

Borner did this in one of the friendlies, the ball was played over our back 3 to their winger, a cross came in and Borner couldn't get back which cost us a goal

I hope someone stops him doing this

• Thanks 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

12 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I don't like it when the opposition striker drops into midfield, and our centre back follows him, leaving a massive gap in our back four

Borner did this in one of the friendlies, the ball was played over our back 3 to their winger, a cross came in and Borner couldn't get back which cost us a goal

I hope someone stops him doing this

Noticed this myself & thought that needs to stop. In other snippets from the friendlies he seemed good in the air, comfortable on the ball & a decent passer.

• Like 1