Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just looked up hometown in the oxford dictionary and it states:- the place where you were born or lived as a child

Your true hometown is where you are born.

You can't claim to be from a city if you weren't born there.

46 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

When will people realise it doesn’t matter what Newcastle fans want 

When do fans ever get a say on who a club appoint? 

Tbf, we all wanted Jordan Rhodes :duntmatter:

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Exactly my point earlier, a lot of been saying it will be stupid punters making the price drop, as I said it closed in for a reason, 

no doubt it will be someone with a huge bunch of traders? 

And probably he has placed the bet all over the country or as much as he could before they realised?

either way if he goes or not someone obv knew the approach was coming. 

I wont mention names on here but I’m guessing I know who this person will be or it would be a very good guess on my part at least. 

Agents or persons xonnected with them or family and friends of those involved can not avoid trying to make a few quid. Thus individuals get known and when hey put decent cash on a source, bookmakers react. Others will follow as opportunity to make money but bookmakers take little chance and close down price quickly. Bruce is known to be a punter and also has maes who like a bet. When price gets to 1-4 and lower fair to say will have been known interest. Only issue I think is compensation and Astley he is known to be difficult. DC has tried ard to give Bruce what he wants and new score when arrived if he gets wrong vibe he could say no.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

I know you like an argument as much as the next man Birley but surely you aren’t arguing with the oxford dictionary? 

I would have said the same as you but, you can’t argue with that lol 

You can certainly disagree with the definition of a word.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Carlos just rung up Ashley and told him he wants to be considered for the job because Newcastle is his boyhood club and hometown, although he's only ever been there when we played them when he managed over here... :ph34r::ghoulguy:

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I'd say my hometown is Southport. Moved there at 6 months old. Never been back to the place I was actually born. No memories of it.