Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I hope they are right, a few have stuck their neck out saying it’s definitely not Big Steve which suggests they consider themselves ITK.

Other posters are saying the compensation has been suggested to be £4m.

Without being a regular on there site it’s hard to know who the trusted sources/posters are.

Same could be said about sources and posters on here or on Twitter ad various journalists. Does seem like a lot of people have jumped onto the bandwagon assuming it's a foregone conclusion but based on what? Twitter conjecture and newspaper assumptions, all stemming from their betting markets, where Bruce grew up and who he supported. Without any proof or confirmation, that Bruce wants the job; wants to leave, will work with Ashley, will walk into another Villa like cauldron or anything else concrete. Yet a lot of our fans are talking like it's already confirmed he's gone and he will definitely go there...

3 minutes ago, owler66 said:

We're like a bird who's been hurt in the past by someone who promised her the world would never leave her only for him to wee off the next day, it's took her years to get over it but a new fella has come a long after a lot of heartache from unsuitable men over the years and she's thought after years of trying I have at last found the man of my dreams. 

Then after a lovely 10 days away together in Portugal he turns around and says I'm moving in with a bird I knew and loved when I was a kid and at the moment she's got her arms wrapped around his ankles as he's trying to walk out of the door 

giphy.gif

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Same could be said about sources and posters on here or on Twitter ad various journalists. Does seem like a lot of people have jumped onto the bandwagon assuming it's a foregone conclusion but based on what? Twitter conjecture and newspaper assumptions, all stemming from their betting markets, where Bruce grew up and who he supported. Without any proof or confirmation, that Bruce wants the job; wants to leave, will work with Ashley, will walk into another Villa like cauldron or anything else concrete. Yet a lot of our fans are talking like it's already confirmed he's gone and he will definitely go there...

This is the bit I don't get because Owlstalk is normally so rational and calm.

WTF:

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

At first I thought it was a hurry up to someone else, maybe Hughton.

Who knows now, but what I don't get is if they are set to make an approach, why not just do it already? 

Gets you thinking

The papers and itkers are usually a while behind. Its more than likely that they have already made the approach. Maybe even did it days ago, or even weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If they are wanting him on the plane to China on Saturday they are going to have to act quick. Surely DC won’t except their first offer. 

Depending on the terms of the contract he may not have much say. Bruce isn't stupid he'll have made sure there was certain clauses in the contract.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If they are wanting him on the plane to China on Saturday they are going to have to act quick. Surely DC won’t except their first offer. 

Aye, quick enough for him to turn up at an embassy and get an entrance visa, presumably. Unless he already has an active visa in his passport, he won't be going to China otherwise.

8 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

How much would you laugh if it was wilder 

I'd laugh my gonads off but I wouldn't care :ghoulguy::Sid:

However, I've got more than a hunch, that this is some kind of manipulated smokescreen to get the Geordie nutcases to back whoever else they might appoint. An underwhelming appointment compared with Rafa but relief that it's not Bruce? Someone out of work (i.e. Moyes or Flores, for example) would be a reasonable prediction?

9 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Bruce could have nipped it in the bud anytime over the last 48 hours or longer if he wanted...says to me he is at least going to listen to the offer.

for anyone who thinks "Why should he"?

For the f.ookin' fans...thats why

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Your hometown is where you are born. Not where you live or have lived.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just looked up hometown in the oxford dictionary and it states:- the place where you were born or lived as a child

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Bruce could have nipped it in the bud anytime over the last 48 hours or longer if he wanted...says to me he is at least going to listen to the offer.

for anyone who thinks "Why should he"?

For the f.ookin' fans...thats why

Didnt Big Ron 'nip it in the bud' though once.

Just prior to fookinoff to Villa

Edited by acquiescefc
  • Like 1