Guest Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Flip me, a lot of people are acting like he's already gone. Cool your jets until he's *actually* left, otherwise you'll be all flounced out before the real fun begins lol

Edited by Minton
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

If there's anything in this and Bruceybaby does leave us then it is down to him and him alone.

Those lining up already to give the chairman a kicking should it happen are quite frankly, pathetic.

True - if Bruce does use the 'broken promises' line to explain his departure then I will lose a bit of respect too. Just admit it's a job you fancy in the top flight. 

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Maybe Bruce thought all the financial stuff would've been sorted by now but agreed initially to the situation..Maybe DC told him it'd be sorted & it aint. 

Maybe.

Maybe.

So in a nutshell you've no idea.

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Maybe Bruce thought all the financial stuff would've been sorted by now but agreed initially to the situation..Maybe DC told him it'd be sorted & it aint. 

That is a factor. But it’s just an excuse given that he’d go and leave us in the lurch regardless in my view 

For what it’s worth the whole squad including management just come through airport except Bruce.

Just now, owls79 said:

For what it’s worth the whole squad including management just come through airport except Bruce.

Is he stuck in passport control? Them electronic barriers are a right pain. 

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, owls79 said:

He'll be doing an interview with Sky Sports I would imagine

What will be will be. If the worst happens we'll regroup and crack on. Will save myself some misery further down the line by simply accepting now that we aren't going up. 

• Haha 2

If Newcastle approach him, Bruce will think long and hard about taking it:

• The Newcastle fans don't want him and will make it very difficult from the outset
  • He doesn't need the vitriol and pressure he encountered at Villa
  • Ashley is a complete joke of a Chairman - why would Bruce want to work for him?
  • Does he feel an emotional pull - I'm not sure it's as great as the media make out, especially given his Sunderland connection
  • Chansiri and Wednesday treated him compassionately in waiting for him
  • He is mid-project with us, already shaping his own squad
  • Proximity to home and family
  • Our fanbase and the players are completely behind him
  • He has already brokered a good working relationship with Chansiri and is making all the key decisions here, which he wouldn't be able to at Newcastle
  • and so on.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Flip me, a lot of people are acting like he's already gone. Cool your jets until he's *actually* left, otherwise you'll be all flounced out before the real fun begins lol

That's basically what I've been saying for hours but no-one's listening. :duntmatter::ghoulguy: It's not over until it's over... :ph34r: Still hoping that the Geordie reactions put him off or praying that it's all a smokescreen for someone else...

4 minutes ago, owls79 said:

Probably stuck at one of those facial recognition machines at passport control.

Reyt bag o'waaaank.

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

Probably stuck at one of those facial recognition machines at passport control.

Reyt bag o'waaaank.

Its cos no poopydoo takes their glasses off going through.

Even though it clearly says to fo it!

Grinds my gears does that felt like booting this one bloke last time.

• Haha 1

If SB goes it's a pity we'll only get 1 million compo. I think Derby got 4 million for Lampard added to the 3 million for Rowett to Stoke. Even worse when you consider SB is worth a lot more to DC in terms of transfer deals and loan contacts. 

5 minutes ago, September65 said:

If Newcastle approach him, Bruce will think long and hard about taking it:

• The Newcastle fans don't want him and will make it very difficult from the outset
  • He doesn't need the vitriol and pressure he encountered at Villa
  • Ashley is a complete joke of a Chairman - why would Bruce want to work for him?
  • Does he feel an emotional pull - I'm not sure it's as great as the media make out, especially given his Sunderland connection
  • Chansiri and Wednesday treated him compassionately in waiting for him
  • He is mid-project with us, already shaping his own squad
  • Proximity to home and family
  • Our fanbase and the players are completely behind him
  • He has already brokered a good working relationship with Chansiri and is making all the key decisions here, which he wouldn't be able to at Newcastle
  • and so on.

All good points but wishful thinking for me. Newcastle are his boyhood club and if they come in for him he will go.

48 minutes ago, wmb said:

It's been widely reported that the new Newcastle manager won't be able to add to his backroom staff so at least the coaching team minus the manager will stay in place.

Never know that before thought managers always have their assistants follow them.

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Its cos no poopydoo takes their glasses off going through.

Even though it clearly says to fo it!

Grinds my gears does that felt like booting this one bloke last time.

Took mine off when I went through and couldn't see a thing without them like Mr Magoo WTF::ghoulguy: Lucky I didn't get the glove treatment or shot or something, just heard a scary angry mad voice telling me off and guiding me... :Sid:

Edited by The Night-Owl

Makes a change that people actually want one of our managers to stay. When was the last time that happened? Personally, apart from the timing, I'm really not that bothered.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Took mine off when I went through and couldn't see a thing without them like Mr Magoo WTF::ghoulguy: Lucky I didn't get the glove treatment or shot or something, just heard a scary voice telling me off and guiding me... :Sid:

It's like walking to a wavy barrier lol