Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

I’m not naive enough to think that the bloke wouldn’t want to take a massive pay rise and a chance to manage in the PL again. But given his interviews where he talked about his time at Villa, his parents, his mental well being + I’m fairly certain he even mentioned that money isn’t a everything to him. 

I’d lose a bit of respect for him for jumping into a poisoned chalice where he’ll be pelted from day one...all for money basically. I don’t buy into this “it’s his club” gonads. End of the day, how many times has he actually followed them during his busy career? 

Poor form. 

And I’ve no reason to not believe VGTips bloke, he broke the news he was being sounded out by Wednesday. 

• Like 2

If he goes he goes, crap situation of course but very little we can do about it. It's been widely reported that the new Newcastle manager won't be able to add to his backroom staff so at least the coaching team minus the manager will stay in place. One thing I wont do is blam DC for this. Bruce might try to use the embargo rhetoric to cover his own snake like actions however he was fully aware of our situation as stated by himself in the press. Would prefer if he was just honest and said he wanted to move to his boyhood club. He's ultimately going to fail there though, the atmosphere is toxic. If he thought Villa fans were bad then wait until he walks out at St James Park!

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

If there's anything in this and Bruceybaby does leave us then it is down to him and him alone.

Those lining up already to give the chairman a kicking should it happen are quite frankly, pathetic.

IF he goes  we can all theorise depending on our respect or otherwise of DC      Trying to be fair I say well done DC for getting bruce shame he's on a 1 yr contract (but that may be mutual) and that we seem to be yet again unable to spend due to P&S  but a club with much more money who he supports  he can prob mame his contract  and make it his last job I dont blame Bruce 

18 minutes ago, darra said:

Newcastle have been without a manager since Benitez's contract expired on June 30 and a series of big names, including Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Patrick Vieira and Steven Gerrard, have distanced themselves from the job.

Not that great a .job then?

We can thank Rafa and his 12m a year for this as he supposedly warned Gerrard and Viera off the job. 

Just now, bigdan2003 said:

I’m not naive enough to think that the bloke wouldn’t want to take a massive pay rise and a chance to manage in the PL again. But given his interviews where he talked about his time at Villa, his parents, his mental well being + I’m fairly certain he even mentioned that money isn’t a everything to him. 

I’d lose a bit of respect for him for jumping into a poisoned chalice where he’ll be pelted from day one...all for money basically. I don’t buy into this “it’s his club” gonads. End of the day, how many times has he actually followed them during his busy career? 

Poor form. 

And I’ve no reason to not believe VGTips bloke, he broke the news he was being sounded out by Wednesday. 

Tbf I've no reason to believe him, first time I heard of Bruce to us was from Alan Nixon.

I've said numerous times in here that Newcastle clearly isn't his club otherwise he'd have took the job before and not gone Sunderland. So if he leaves it's not because of that.

Very easy to say there are broken promises but he’s signed 3 and renewed 3. With a view to loans later.

If he goes it’s for PL football, money and a chance to manage his team. He’s shafting us in the process also so those claims (if they have any substance) try and take the edge of that.

At the end of the day I just really don’t want us to lose the best manager we have had for many years. It would be a real kick in the teeth. Bruce is a manager the players seem to respect and want to play for. Even with the crap situation with regards embargo’s I was still looking forward and feeling optimistic for the coming season. If Bruce goes I fear what will happen next. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

George might have a word with his midfield mate, the one who went to play for Hearts whose name I’ve already forgotten such is the impact he made on the game.

His name's Blair I think, no, not Blair, Flair. That's the one.

Just now, S1Owl said:

Maybe Bruce thought all the financial stuff would've been sorted by now but agreed initially to the situation..Maybe DC told him it'd be sorted & it aint. 

I don't think its relevent. Newcastle have come out of the blue and approached him. Its a seperate issue that no one would have predicted. Bruce knew exactly the situation, hes clearly helped us through it. He brought in experience and knowledge of his time under FFP constraints with Villa. 

Flip me, a lot of people are acting like he's already gone. Cool your jets until he's *actually* left, otherwise you'll be all flounced out before the real fun begins lol

Edited by Minton
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

If there's anything in this and Bruceybaby does leave us then it is down to him and him alone.

Those lining up already to give the chairman a kicking should it happen are quite frankly, pathetic.

True - if Bruce does use the 'broken promises' line to explain his departure then I will lose a bit of respect too. Just admit it's a job you fancy in the top flight. 

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Maybe Bruce thought all the financial stuff would've been sorted by now but agreed initially to the situation..Maybe DC told him it'd be sorted & it aint. 

Maybe.

Maybe.

So in a nutshell you've no idea.

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

That is a factor. But it’s just an excuse given that he’d go and leave us in the lurch regardless in my view 

1 minute ago, owls79 said:

For what it’s worth the whole squad including management just come through airport except Bruce.

He'll be doing an interview with Sky Sports I would imagine

Guest wilyfox

What will be will be. If the worst happens we'll regroup and crack on. Will save myself some misery further down the line by simply accepting now that we aren't going up.