Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Guest wilyfox
Just now, S1Owl said:

After the gentlemans agreement to start late too.. That leaves a bad taste.. Many players have warmed to him so if he goes i morale will stay hi but how can someone else coming in half way through another managers season planning help anything. 

It wont. The timing and disruption is the worst part. Was looking forward to seeing what Bruce could do with a full season here. That part is disappointing, but not the end of the world. However, the upheaval just 3 weeks before the season starts could be very damaging. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Just please don’t give the full time job to Bullen DC. 

Why would he? He has had plenty of opportunities to do that before but hasnt

That said this next appointment is massive for us. Get it right and we can be competitive, get it wrong I fear the worst

5 minutes ago, darra said:

Newcastle have been without a manager since Benitez's contract expired on June 30 and a series of big names, including Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Patrick Vieira and Steven Gerrard, have distanced themselves from the job.

Not that great a .job then?

"We only went through the motions with these no-marks Steve "............................."you was always our first choice".............................yeah right.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Read above ffs.

Perhaps promises have been broken since, but Bruce seemed pretty content with the financial situation when he joined the club a few months back.

Yeah I would guess they have been broken since. DC isn’t exactly regarded as someone that is transparent. I may be wrong but didn’t  Bruce say we wouldn’t be under an embargo this summer? Perhaps DC told him that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

He may have had a few promises broken. But I think that's more fool bruce if he thought we had cash to spend.

With the announcement of Borner, we are now surely out of the embargo.

I don't believe for one minute that Bruce would leave us because we broke promises to go to another club who will break more promises. Mental.

• Haha 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He may have had a few promises broken. But I think that's more fool bruce if he thought we had cash to spend.

With the announcement of Borner, we are now surely out of the embargo.

I don't believe for one minute that Bruce would leave us because we broke promises to go to another club who will break more promises. Mental.

I read somewhere his signing is within the restrictions of an embargo whatever they are  now  

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm sorry, but this is complete horesh*t.

Bruce was told from the offset he had no budget to work with and was quoted on numerous occasions afterward stating that he was used to working under constraints.

You have more faces than a town clock.

Absolutely. He even discussed the P&S situation in many interviews, including the interview where he was unveiled. 

We’ll never truly know what’s gone on of course.  But clearly Chansiri is trying to do something with the finances, and I dare say it’s taken longer than anticipated.  Perhaps longer than Bruce was prepared to wait. Which in itself would be a kick in the gonads. 

3 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I read somewhere his signing is within the restrictions of an embargo whatever they are  now  

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If that's the case why wasn't he announced before?

My understanding is the 'soft' part of the embargo is basically the EFL needs to agree for something to go through. So Borner signing means the EFL have let it through basically. Imagine the same sort of negotiations are going on for the other three now.

Remember, Birmingham were under a soft embargo too last season, the reason they got points deducted is because they didn't work with the EFL

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

If there's anything in this and Bruceybaby does leave us then it is down to him and him alone.

Those lining up already to give the chairman a kicking should it happen are quite frankly, pathetic.

agreed, this is 100% not DC's fault, its completely out of his control

I thought Bruce to be quite smart? If Ashley does sell Newcastle it will have to be someone like the cousin of Man city owners as they seem to be the only one with enough cash. With the money they will want to throw at it they will want a manager who can attract the really top players. That is not going to be Bruce. On the other side if they start like they did under Allardyce and there is every possibility of that happening, it will become toxic in no time up there.