Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Someone needs to let Bruce know what he would potentially be walking into if he goes there. Just take a look at the Newcastle fans disrespectful comments, abuse and threats on all the articles from the Chronicle. Clearly they don't want him and it was horrible the way he was treated at Villa but it sounds like he'd be walking into the same situation or worse by their reactions to the speculation. They're hoping he turns them down again and I hope he does for all concerned with Bruce, his family and both clubs. A real sickener if it does happen. But no hard feelings towards him. Just don't know where we go from here, if he does go and I fear who might replace him, as I don't think we'd be able to get anyone anywhere near as good as Bruce or someone that would be a suitable fit.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-waiting-call-newcastle-16560309

I'm going to guess he'd be more than aware what he's going into. Plus these are Geordies. 1 or 2 good wins and they'll worship him. Some of our fans need to take a look at the levels of moaning that come from the north east before thinking we are bad. They are on another level in terms of self pity, arrogance and whinging. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Can't imagine thats true tbh. We all know we are in an embargo and can't splash out on players. Chansiri, for all his faults, has been somewhat too keen to get money spent and players in if anything at times. 

Sounds like someone stirring or craving attention in the hope of looking right?

10 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Very disappointing if Bruce joins the Geordies.  I wont blame him given his home town club come calling with higher wages and the chance to manage in the premier league again. The timing is terrible just 3 weeks before the season after he has already brought in 3 of his own players.  Its a strange scenario as he's the perfect fit for us but for Newcastle, Im not sure.  It's a big comedown for Newcastle fans to have Bruce in charge after Rafa.

We are now just 3 weeks before the season and its looking like we will be without a manager and still under an embargo.  We just cant see to get ourselves organised.  We are always behind the game when the season starts.

While I do agree, you know what, I would blame him. Premier league and money aside, Newcastle are a poo show, billionaire owner, who wont spend or sell the club, fans dont want him and the whole of football knows he's a desperate last minute choice after being turned down by other targets. 

We waited for Bruce, welcomed him as one of our own, showed he was wanted and gave him licence to build something good. 

Before joining us he talked about appetite for the game, if this would be his last job, maybe that's the case and Newcastle is now his pension to add a few million to the balance and be out by Christmas to plan next years cricket tour. 

SWFC will go on regardless, promotion chances probably fizzed now a new manager has to come in and take over someone else preparations, especially with the transfer window closing early, but leaves a very bad taste. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matt_1 said:

fizz me.

Can't we just refuse to let him speak?

This is going to wind me right up.

Nah, if he wants to go, then he goes.

It always felt a bit too good to be true.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Would not surprise me one bit if the promises not being kept by DC was true. 

Read above ffs.

Perhaps promises have been broken since, but Bruce seemed pretty content with the financial situation when he joined the club a few months back.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Who could then get us George Hirst back

;)

George might have a word with his midfield mate, the one who went to play for Hearts whose name I’ve already forgotten such is the impact he made on the game.

He knows Owen Morrison I believe.

It’s a win / win

Edited by theowlsman

Guest everydays_wednesday

If he went would it not break any record we have for selling any player if we asked for £5m compo !! :-(

Having said that......please dont go 

Newcastle have been without a manager since Benitez's contract expired on June 30 and a series of big names, including Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Patrick Vieira and Steven Gerrard, have distanced themselves from the job.

Not that great a .job then?

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would not surprise me one bit if the promises not being kept by DC was true. 

Absolutely. Bruce said in May we wouldn't be operating under embargo this summer. Uh oh...

DC has always been economical with the truth. 

After the gentlemans agreement to start late too.. That leaves a bad taste.. Many players have warmed to him so if he goes i morale will stay hi but how can someone else coming in half way through another managers season planning help anything. 

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Newcastle have been without a manager since Benitez's contract expired on June 30 and a series of big names, including Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Patrick Vieira and Steven Gerrard, have distanced themselves from the job.

Not that great a .job then?

Strange ain't it as a neutral and a non football expert you know Newcastle should be a no go zone for any manager and player whilst Ashley is there, you'd think Bruce would be aware of that. 

Plus Newcastle fans don't want him. I'm sure Bruce reads social media some or of the lads associated with swfc would have brought it up joking about it with him, just for Bruce then to say I am fully committed to swfc. I personallu think he's going becsuse he's had a day to basically confirm what he's doing.