Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

At the end of the day Bruce has come to us with his hands tied. Chansiri said he could have whatever budget he wants. He hasn’t got that. We are still under embargo.

His boyhood club calls it’s a no brainier for him. Absolutely devastating for Wednesday but this is what happens when you have top managers at your club.

Kick in the teeth.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 6

People saying Ashley is a nightmare to work with, i could imagine the same could be said with Chansiri.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Confused 1

1/3 best odds now..new manager betting odds are not to be trusted...until they go 1/4.

Then shortly after are suspended.

Looking like he will be offered the job. Just betting if he will say yes now

He's off imo

Nightmare. The best manager we’ve had in decades. Would we take him back when he gets sacked by Newcastle in a few months?

• Disagree 1

Newcastle definitely making an approach for him I am hearing. Think reports he has agreed a deal are premature as only back in country today. 

Seen odds at 1-5 and some firms pulled plug on betting. SB has friends who like a bet so could be precautionary.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not seen any abuse on here towards Bruce at all

The opposite in fact

Concern is understandable, but remember football is more to some than life or death.

This thread is proof that perspective and rationale are in short supply.

Expectations for the future are high, so to some this will be the of their world for a week or two.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

They are though aren't they. 

lol 

Goodbye Bruce.

Back to square one for us.

What a sh1tty pre season this has been. Looks like we are set to lose the best manager we have had for years on top of everything else. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

We want him to stay, Newcastle fans don't seem to want him. No brainer. 

Well I’m proper gutted about this feel sick 

2 minutes ago, bobowl said:

People saying Ashley is a nightmare to work with, i could imagine the same could be said with Chansiri.

Carlos said he's the best chairman he's ever worked under. I know not really saying much but I think he's quite a decent person.

VG Tips must be an owl (their twitter header is a pic of us at Wembley) with inside knowledge, called Bruce To us ages before it happened.

this is the most Wednesday thing I’ve seen since we got a penalty, had it over turned then conceded a penalty vs Chelsea all within 2 mins 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At the end of the day Bruce has come to us with his hands tied. Chansiri said he could have whatever budget he wants. He hasn’t got that. We are still under embargo.

His boyhood club calls it’s a no brainier for him. Absolutely devastating for Wednesday but this is what happens when you have top managers at your club.

Kick in the teeth.

He never said he can have any budget he liked .chansiri said there is no budget he will just do his best .so stop twisting things snd talking $$$$

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Fingers crossed for a decent comp package if true. If he goes, so be it. On to the next manager. 

No malice from me, wish him all the luck. Hes gonna need it looking at things. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Please DC don’t fizz up this next appointment. No more unknown foreign managers. We won’t imo find anyone as good as Bruce is for the job but let’s try please DC. 

Newcastle fans are raging about potentially appointing Bruce.

If he goes the fans will be against him straight away, nobber of a chairman, good luck to him, they will be in the bottom 6 all season with protests galore.

• Agree 1

As it been confirmed? It's not over until it's confirmed. Still hoping he stays. Season will potentially be a write off if he goes. Can't see us getting a suitable proven replacement if he does go.

Edited by The Night-Owl

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri said he could have whatever budget he wants. He hasn’t got that.

What are you talking about?

• Agree 1