Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Guest Ash76
3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Is that one of those secret military codes? 

No, it’s an update on an earlier post.

Won’t make any sense unless you saw the original 

13 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Very disappointing if Bruce joins the Geordies.  I wont blame him given his home town club come calling with higher wages and the chance to manage in the premier league again. The timing is terrible just 3 weeks before the season after he has already brought in 3 of his own players.  Its a strange scenario as he's the perfect fit for us but for Newcastle, Im not sure.  It's a big comedown for Newcastle fans to have Bruce in charge after Rafa.

We are now just 3 weeks before the season and its looking like we will be without a manager and still under an embargo.  We just cant see to get ourselves organised.  We are always behind the game when the season starts.

Can understand the pull factors but doesn’t change the view that he’s let us down massively.

7 minutes ago, alanharper said:

September? If Bruce goes tomorrow we need the new man in place by the end of next week to get some pre-season work in

Why? 

We have the square root of nil chance of going up or down next season. Why rush? We have the same squad pretty much as last 3 seasons . Are they suddenly going to go from mid table to bottom or top two? Not a chance. Even old Jos was bopping around mid table with this lot.

no rush. If Bruce leaves we will be absolutely fine. 

Someone needs to let Bruce know what he would potentially be walking into if he goes there. Just take a look at the Newcastle fans disrespectful comments, abuse and threats on all the articles from the Chronicle. Clearly they don't want him and it was horrible the way he was treated at Villa but it sounds like he'd be walking into the same situation or worse by their reactions to the speculation. They're hoping he turns them down again and I hope he does for all concerned with Bruce, his family and both clubs. A real sickener if it does happen. But no hard feelings towards him. Just don't know where we go from here, if he does go and I fear who might replace him, as I don't think we'd be able to get anyone anywhere near as good as Bruce or someone that would be a suitable fit.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-waiting-call-newcastle-16560309

• Haha 1

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

image.png.15b5a818299f4c8b7e6ea74e3fcb5ecb.png

How times change...

“We’ve got a long road ahead but there are some good players here who have probably been underperforming. I asked the chairman about the budget and he said there isn’t one, so we all know where we stand. I know the club has been operating under financial fair play restrictions, but so were Villa. It’s difficult for big clubs in the Championship if they no longer receive parachute payments but hopefully I can bring my experience to bear and try to find ways of improving [us].

“It’s not always about money, we got Hull promoted with a collection of loans and waifs and strays. I can’t wait to get started, I’ve just been to meet the players and I don’t think I could have picked a colder day, especially coming back from the Caribbean. Even that was exciting though, I had butterflies. I feel like a young kid going to school again.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/31/steve-bruce-sheffield-wednesday-get-started

• Like 2