Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

We sack a manager about 3 times a year and now we are wetting ourselves as one is leaving having not been sacked.

Get him gone, pocket a few quid from fat mike, let bully stabilise the whole thing again and work on getting a new man in by September.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday are braced for an official approach from Newcastle for their manager Steve Bruce, Sky Sports News understands.

Wednesday boss Bruce is due to return from Portugal on Wednesday, and Newcastle are keen to have a new man in place to succeed Rafa Benitez by the time they fly to China to take part in The Asia Cup on Saturday.

Sky Sports News understands that Newcastle see Bruce as a safe pair of hands and would get on well with Mike Ashley and the club's hierarchy.

The 58-year-old former Sunderland boss is on a rolling contract at Wednesday and would cost only £1m in compensation.

Bruce grew up a Newcastle supporter and it is believed that his dream is to manage his boyhood club.

Relax everyone, he can’t fly to China Saturday as it’s the cricket World Cup final Sunday! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

If we’ve not approached or are not planning on approaching Hughton before Bruce leaves then we’re going to ruin our season before it’s started

I agree on houghton if bruce does go .which of course might not happen

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

If he had a budget here I'm sure he would stay.

But being stuck in an embargo and looking at mid table championship does him no favours. 

What budget will he get at newcastle .ashley in it for the money he doesnt give a fizz about the club

Very disappointing if Bruce joins the Geordies.  I wont blame him given his home town club come calling with higher wages and the chance to manage in the premier league again. The timing is terrible just 3 weeks before the season after he has already brought in 3 of his own players.  Its a strange scenario as he's the perfect fit for us but for Newcastle, Im not sure.  It's a big comedown for Newcastle fans to have Bruce in charge after Rafa.

We are now just 3 weeks before the season and its looking like we will be without a manager and still under an embargo.  We just cant see to get ourselves organised.  We are always behind the game when the season starts.

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We sack a manager about 3 times a year and now we are wetting ourselves as one is leaving having not been sacked.

Get him gone, pocket a few quid from fat mike, let bully stabilise the whole thing again and work on getting a new man in by September.

September?

What planet do you live on

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

No.

While I support the vehement opposition to those that preach impending doom every single day, once again the internet has created an environment where moderate concerns and criticisms are dismissed as "bedwetting". Big problem with a lot of posters on Owlstalk, moderate criticism or voicing concerns or even sometimes questioning is viewed as sacrilege.

Speaking of religious imagery, I vaguely remember a bloke going on about building houses and foundations... something about foundations of sand. How apt.

I think back on the words of the prophet Gladys Knight

Go on now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Do you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

2 minutes ago, erowl said:

Relax everyone, he can’t fly to China Saturday as it’s the cricket World Cup final Sunday! lol

If he's flying to China on Saturday, he has to be appointed today and applying for a visa tomorrow to get it on a 24 hour rapid issue (unless he somehow has a multi-entry visa already in which case that doesn't apply).

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

At the end of the day Bruce has come to us with his hands tied. Chansiri said he could have whatever budget he wants. He hasn’t got that. We are still under embargo.

His boyhood club calls it’s a no brainier for him. Absolutely devastating for Wednesday but this is what happens when you have top managers at your club.

Kick in the teeth.

I'm sorry, but this is complete horesh*t.

Bruce was told from the offset he had no budget to work with and was quoted on numerous occasions afterward stating that he was used to working under constraints.

You have more faces than a town clock.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I think back on the words of the prophet Gladys Knight

Go on now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Do you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Gloria Gaynor FTW

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

September? If Bruce goes tomorrow we need the new man in place by the end of next week to get some pre-season work in

Guest Ash76

The poo has been cleaned up from the kitchen floor and the dog has been out for his walk

Read in to that what you will 

Just now, Ash76 said:

The poo has been cleaned up from the kitchen floor and the dog has been out for his walk

Read in to that what you will 

Is that one of those secret military codes?