Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

You have to think that Hughton will have been on the radar of WBA, Boro, Swansea, Derby etc and he didn't go to any of these.

All of these clubs are not in any kind of embargo and also have some money to spend. If he's turned all these down then I really can't see him coming here

• Haha 1

Just now, wilyfox said:

The big question is...will the bedwetters finally be allowed a voice if Bruce goes after being told to pipe down all summer? 

No.

While I support the vehement opposition to those that preach impending doom every single day, once again the internet has created an environment where moderate concerns and criticisms are dismissed as "bedwetting". Big problem with a lot of posters on Owlstalk, moderate criticism or voicing concerns or even sometimes questioning is viewed as sacrilege.

Speaking of religious imagery, I vaguely remember a bloke going on about building houses and foundations... something about foundations of sand. How apt.

• Like 1

Knowing how much Chansiri believes in honour and integrity I can imagine him being absolutely disgusted if Bruce walked. Maybe he will decide that there is no honour anywhere in English football and he is better off out of it.

I hope that is not the case, there are other managers out there who could take over.  I just hope he goes for someone with Championship experience and a good track record.