Guest Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Come on DC give Bruce a 10 year contract and as much free tuna as he wants. 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Come on DC give Bruce a 10 year contract and as much free tuna as he wants. 

What if Bruce wanted more than the couple of cans of Tuna DC probably owns? :Chansiri:

• Haha 1

If you want loyalty, buy a dog. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

If Ashley offers good wages, any manager would be there like a shot.

They go where the cash is.

Whomever takes the Newcastle job will be on a hiding to nothing more than the sack, a relagation or both on thier cv. 

Rafa has done a really excellent job of keeping them up and the fans love him.

Unless Ashley gives the new man a load of cash to spend, their serious relagation fodder. 

This almost certainly won't happen but for the sake of our club and  togetherness and confidence going forward  I'd like Bruce to not say first I've heard of it etc   I'd like a definitive not interested got a great job here they've welcomed me given me time to grieve etc etc.. As i said won't happen but i'd like to hear it

I'd love just once for us to have a  solid pre season not dogged by fecking umbongos and out for season tripped over a daisy on the training ground stories  for once go into a season with a bit of  anticipation and excitement that we're going to hit the ground running 

Just been reading some of the comments from Benitez about the job etc. Anyone taking the job really would have to be mad or a massive Newcastle fan. In Rafa’s latest post he says he has had more meetings with the chairman so far in China than he had for 3 years at Newcastle. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just been reading some of the comments from Benitez about the job etc. Anyone taking the job really would have to be mad or a massive Newcastle fan. In Rafa’s latest post he says he has had more meetings with the chairman so far in China than he had for 3 years at Newcastle. 

Aye, no doubt round a banqueting table sinking baijiu and shouting "ganbei". :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Anyone know what aired on talksport this morning?

They were talking cricket, (had Lamby on the phone) mentioned Steve Bruce was favourite for Newcastle job but also that Steve Harmison was an outsider in the market.  Just nonsense chit chat really, hopefully the Bruce rumours will also turn out to be just that.

Just now, belgrade_owl said:

Oo er 

2 minutes ago, Pilky said:

They were talking cricket, (had Lamby on the phone) mentioned Steve Bruce was favourite for Newcastle job but also that Steve Harmison was an outsider in the market.  Just nonsense chit chat really, hopefully the Bruce rumours will also turn out to be just that.

I met Steve Harmison at a game between Knaresborough and North or South Shields (I forget which), as his brother Ben was playing and he was, at the time, banned from attending Ashington matches after some sort of fracas whilst he was managing there. He did not want to talk about cricket at all, but talked so much about football that we were trying to get away from him in the end. Nice bloke, about as suitable to manage a PL club as Wincey Willis.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

I think managers these days probably don’t mind how long they are in a job, they know they’ll get sacked eventually. 

Managers only sign contracts if they get over a million if sacked whilst under contract. 

Most contracts have a clause allowing the parties to go their own way if one years wages is paid (sometimes 6 months. Even when it's say a 3 year contract you can get out of it by paying up 1 year.

Obviously all contracts are individual so there is no hard a fast rule.

Is he actually on a 1 Year rolling contract ?

Simon Jordan just on talksport says he know SB really well and he thinks if they approach him Bruce would jump at the chance and he thinks it’s the type of manager they need right now!!!

yesterday I thought SB would stay with us, but I’m fast starting to think we will need a new manager by the weekend 

Gutted if he goes!!!’

Edited by waddleisgod

I think he’ll go, after this level of activity it would be unusual for nothing to happen now.

2 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

I thought this. The question should have been put to him “if you are approached would you be interested?”. Then see if we got a yes or a no? He simply asked about the Newcastle link and that kind of let Bruce fob it off as he knows nothing, not that he has no interest. 

It's still easy to side step the question.

' It's pointless answering hypothetical questions'. 

'I'm Sheffield Wednesday manager, that's all I can say.'

'I don't comment on media speculation'.

I would Love Bruce to stay , but i think if the Newcastle Job was to be offered then he will be gone ,with us hopefully getting a good amount of compensation. Then DC please  go and get Chris Hughton.

54 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Since when did being under contract mean anything in football, especially for managers? By that rationale, Steve Bruce signed a contract with us just a few months ago so I can't see that happening!

I remember Sturrock being given a long new contract and then sacked a couple of weeks later...

I can't recall one example where a manager has renewed his contract and then left for another club days after...

Bruce signed 6 months ago and by all accounts is on a short term contract. Not quite the same situation as Wilder...

Typical this, wouldn’t even mind as much if he wasn’t gonna take a job he’ll last 5mins in when Ashley finally sells the club 

Will throw the club into chaos if we lose him at this stage of pre season now, absolutely no viable alternatives either , cannot be bothered to listen and hear people clamour for the usual bunch 

Just now, saywended said:

I would Love Bruce to stay , but i think if the Newcastle Job was to be offered then he will be gone ,with us hopefully getting a good amount of compensation. Then DC please  go and get Chris Hughton.

I'd be onto his agent in a flash in Bruce goes. I hope DC doesn't revert to left field appointments should SB go.