Jump to content
Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Stick Bruce on gardening leave until the end of his deal, or pop him on pot washing duty.

 

Bring in another manager to do the business. 

 

 

We've just had to sell the ground to meet FFP and for the sake of principle, we are going to pay 2 managers and get no compensation.... versus getting compensation and paying 1 manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Drones club said:

Agreed, although Hughton's credentials are impressive. Cowley has many admirers.

 

Hughton's record at this level is very good.

 

There are positives and doubts about him. Might be minimal change, similar record and pedigree. On the other hand do we really need another manager near the end of their career, possibly looking for one of their last pay days or someone possibly on the decline? 

 

That's why if and when Bruce goes, I'd consider going for younger managers in the EFL on the rise. Someone hungry and someone we can plan long term with.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daz said:

We've just had to sell the ground to meet FFP and for the sake of principle, we are going to pay 2 managers and get no compensation.... versus getting compensation and paying 1 manager?

Of course not, but if there's one owner that would do it 'on principle' it'd be Chansiri. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely been mentioned but hasn’t Hughton got a deal that would mean we pay Brighton a wedge if we set him on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daz said:

We've just had to sell the ground to meet FFP and for the sake of principle, we are going to pay 2 managers and get no compensation.... versus getting compensation and paying 1 manager?

FFP shouldn't be a issue for a year or 2 now hopefully,  Mr Chansiri will take this as a personal insult. in theory there would be a max of 6 months left if its true on a 12 month contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vulva said:

Surely been mentioned but hasn’t Hughton got a deal that would mean we pay Brighton a wedge if we set him on. 

Really ? not heard that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vulva said:

Surely been mentioned but hasn’t Hughton got a deal that would mean we pay Brighton a wedge if we set him on. 

He signed a deal last summer until 2021. It depends if he was paid off or if he's been put on gardening leave I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, owlse said:

FFP shouldn't be a issue for a year or 2 now hopefully,  Mr Chansiri will take this as a personal insult. in theory there would be a max of 6 months left if its true on a 12 month contract. 

FFP could well be an issue next year if we don't sell any players or get some income from elsewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Surely been mentioned but hasn’t Hughton got a deal that would mean we pay Brighton a wedge if we set him on. 

 

Not heard that...but if there was, wouldn't it be only if we were both in the same league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 442 said:

 

And why would that be the next rational move?

I'm not saying it is... it's just that if Bruce leaves who can we entice to swfc. Will be a very interesting week indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

FFP could well be an issue next year if we don't sell any players or get some income from elsewhere.

Sheffield 2,3,4,5

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the way people are slagging Newcastle off and Bruce and literally in the same comment say we should do the same thing to Barnsley, Lincoln, or Preston (no thanks on that one BTW)

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I love the way people are slagging Newcastle off and Bruce and literally in the same comment say we should do the same thing to Barnsley, Lincoln, or Preston (no thanks on that one BTW)

Well if he goes we need a manager... to them we will be a step up and we will need a manager ASAP. Only problem is, we wont have the pulling power like we have with Bruce. I'd like a manager with similar profile but where do you find one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I love the way people are slagging Newcastle off and Bruce and literally in the same comment say we should do the same thing to Barnsley, Lincoln, or Preston (no thanks on that one BTW)

As someone pointed out earlier, we can take the moral high ground over the Bruce situation but unless we get a manager who is currently unemployed, we will be doing exactly what Newcastle have done.

 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand some people putting the onus on DC. There is a contract with a compensation clause. Everyone who needs to know know about it. This was in place when DC gave the go ahead for talks. So therefore a number was agreed upon. SB knows Ashley knew before meeting SB.

 

The onus is directly on Cashley. Come up with the money SB is yours. Don't we carry on as normal.

 

I'm sure SB is aware of this.

 

No compromise. Not 1p less.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, owlse said:

Sheffield 2,3,4,5

Can't sell the ground twice :Chansiri:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Oh shut up you tail listen to yourself grow up

Still feel the same way today after that post match interview ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, capetownowl said:

I don't understand some people putting the onus on DC. There is a contract with a compensation clause. Everyone who needs to know know about it. This was in place when DC gave the go ahead for talks. So therefore a number was agreed upon. SB knows Ashley knew before meeting SB.

 

The onus is directly on Cashley. Come up with the money SB is yours. Don't we carry on as normal.

 

I'm sure SB is aware of this.

 

No compromise. Not 1p less.

exactly this and this is the reason imho that Bruce as said what he has today , shameful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show him the door, he wants to go. We were the greatest thing in the world when he was jobless. Go to Newcastle and in 3 months SB will be back to the beginning...jobless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Can't sell the ground twice :Chansiri:

 

The training ground will be next :Sid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...