Guest Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

He's burning his bridges with those comments in an attempt to get Wednesday to let it go through. If it doesn't, clearly his position here is now untenable (by design, from him). Had he refused to comment at all then there would have been a way back for him at Wednesday, but less incentive for the Chairman to agree to a deal. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Oh aye, what a trooper as he cashes in his £160k monthly pay cheque. 

Poor baby, stuck in the middle of two warring chairmen.  I really feel for him.  :sad:

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Obviously wants to go. Hopefully DC is already lining up his replacement whilst holding out for top compo.

The Cowley's spotted trying on Elev8 leggings at half time :Chansiri:

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Obviously wants to go. Hopefully DC is already lining up his replacement whilst holding out for top compo.

Suspect that's the case and why he's at the game in Sheffield rather than the Lincoln game perhaps?

It's all happened over the last 2 or 3 days? P**s of Steve.

Listening to the interview on RS.  I think we can say goodbye to SB.  Rinse Ashley to the max Mr C.

should've asked if he wanted to go when all them fans chearing yer name & the loyalty shown to you.. DC put it up to 15 million & see what happens then.

DC needs to compromise quickly or Newcastle will change their mind, and we will end up with a manager who doesn’t want to be here, or no manager at all. 

Even I’m starting to turn, and I’m a big Bruce fan. But as a club we deserve someone who 100% wants to be here. Bruce clearly doesn’t. 

Come from nowhere my Ar55e 

been talking to them for ages 

Terrible situation. Newcastle and completely turned his head, without actually being willing to pay a reasonable fee, just expected £1m to be enough. Can tell why they lack any sort of class as a club. 

We need to be on the phone to Chris Hughton, I’m purely gutted, I get he wants the job so no hard feelings but we need to resolve this quickly now.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

DC needs to compromise quickly or Newcastle will change their mind, and we will end up with a manager who doesn’t want to be here, or no manager at all. 

Compromise at what though? Why should we lower our price when negotiating with one of the wealthiest clubs in the country? 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

I get where you are coming from, but screw being bent over by Ashley, he either pays what we want or doesn't

This is all putting the club into disrepute. 

He would clearly have liked to have been announced as Newcastle's manager by now, and boarding the plane for China. Instead he's going through the motions at Lincoln waving at the fans bizarrely singing his name.

Not sure there's any way back after these comments, as truthful as they may be.

We need to get the compo sorted and move on. God knows what will happen if Ashley and DC spin this out another week.

Just now, marcx666 said:

I get where you are coming from, but screw being bent over by Ashley, he either pays what we want or doesn't

I agree. And if they don’t pay what we are asking for then he goes nowhere. We keep him and move on. That in turn tells Bruce it’s off because Cashley wouldn’t stump up. 

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Compromise at what though? Why should we lower our price when negotiating with one of the wealthiest clubs in the country? 

Gone beyond that. The issue with this hard stance by DC is that Bruce wants to go. It’s time to take a deal and ship him out asap, otherwise this will drag on longer, and bugger our season up. 

IF he does leave for Newcastle how will fans feel if we poach a manager from another club?  Would they be comfortable by Wednesday using the same tactics as Newcastle? How will they feel about a manager walking out on his present club to come to Hillsborough knowing that he had no loyalty so could fesabile walk out on Wednesday at the drop of a hat.

Will they be able justify Wednesday doing it? 

Morality can be a bit of bugger

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

This is all putting the club into disrepute. 

He would clearly have liked to have been announced as Newcastle's manager by now, and boarding the plane for China. Instead he's going through the motions at Lincoln waving at the fans bizarrely singing his name.

Not sure there's any way back after these comments, as truthful as they may be.

We need to get the compo sorted and move on. God knows what will happen if Ashley and DC spin this out another week.

Newcastle won’t wait that long. So there is a trade off. We either call their bluff and hold out for the money or risk being stuck with a disillusioned gaffer.