Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

28 minutes ago, newbster said:

Don't think this a credible source but nice to read anyway 

What are you talking about? 16 followers.

Journalistic heavyweight.

• Haha 2

Mike Ashley will NOT pay the compensation.

His attitude is that SB should resign.

SB will not resign. 

MA will start looking elsewhere.

Just now, ANDY said:

So. 

If theres been no official approach. But Bruce knows they want him and he wants to go. 

If Bruce resigns does that circumvent the compo issue. 

Nope, would get very messy and Newcastle would likely get done for illegal approach 

26 minutes ago, s63owl said:

I was in a theatre in London about 2 years ago, at the bar I ordered a pint of lager and a coke (my wife doesn’t drink). Whilst I was there I said “I might as well order the same for the interval”

I optimistically pulled a £20 note out of my wallet and he came back from the till and said £22.

The same round in the Lyceum is about £11!!!

In the same bar, there were champagne corks popping right left and centre. It just makes you wonder what some people do for a living.  

Wrong forum mate.

http://theatreboard.co.uk

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

So. 

If theres been no official approach. But Bruce knows they want him and he wants to go. 

He's under contract. He is not at liberty to take another job until the contract ends or the club agrees.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

So what's the delay on his part? Surely there's an out of work manager that fancies a Premier League gig at a biggish club regardless of the working conditions.

MA is a gimp and nobody wants to work for him, atmosphere is absolutely toxic up there aswell 

Think Benitez has warned anyone worth there salt off 

Just now, ANDY said:

So. 

A Geordie in among the comments I posted said, they'd still have to pay compo, even if Bruce resigns. He found out via Twitter. That said, the Geordies are even more clueless than us and Twitter is the King of cluelessness... So, I ain't got a clue if that's correct or not? :Sid:

Know somebody who worked at sports direct. From what he told me and if he runs Newcastle the same way God help them.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

MA is a gimp and nobody wants to work for him, atmosphere is absolutely toxic up there aswell 

Think Benitez has warned anyone worth there salt off 

To get someone without pay compo, they are extremely likely to be out of work now. There are surely managers that would jump at a chance to manage in the PL even under such conditions. Asley might have to lower his expectations but that would be his choice.

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

So. 

I would expect that if the manager was to resign there would be something in his contract that would prevent him from working for someone else immediately and so would be put on gardening leave. Newcastle wont be waiting around for that to get sorted out. 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

To get someone without pay compo, they are extremely likely to be out of work now. There are surely managers that would jump at a chance to manage in the PL even under such conditions. Asley might have to lower his expectations but that would be his choice.

garymegson

16 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Really hope he stays else I’m gonna look a right tw@t with me new tattoo

49EB0024-3145-4960-8B17-32BA00690366.jpeg

Can't you just pretend that you're really into Play Your Cards Right?

1 minute ago, sharrowowl said:

garymegson

If Ashley offered him the job, I suspect he would do it (Although my feelings are Ashley and Megson might not have the most harmonious of working relationships).

garymegson

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Don't quote this!

It is very long

Sorry, don't know what happened, was sharing just 3 short bonkers comments but it messed up by posting a whole page WTF:

*could a admin delete it?*

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Or get another one with Sheila on it and emigrate to Australia. lol

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Mike Ashley will NOT pay the compensation.

His attitude is that SB should resign.

SB will not resign. 

MA will start looking elsewhere.

Exactly this, he’s gone behind the clubs back. All these dirty tactics have been to save some money. 

Why would they have not just simply made a formal approach to the club? Funny how the media is contradicting things about it, because everything from the Newcastle end is “agreed” “approached” “£1m compo”. But our end it’s “no official approach” “£5m compo”.

Because now Bruce has told Chansiri he wants the Newcastle job they probably thought it would leave his position untenable, leaving Chansiri no option but to sort something out, but the little guy is possibly the most stubborn bloke on the planet and in most situations it’s a weakness of his but today it’s a strength because he won’t get taken for a mug and have his pants pulled down by Newcastle. 

If Bruce walks I would imagine chansiri would make it legally impossible to walk straight into the Newcastle job. Bruce would be in limbo, Newcastle would appoint someone else. Would be daft to do that.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If Bruce walks I would imagine chansiri would make it legally impossible to walk straight into the Newcastle job. Bruce would be in limbo, Newcastle would appoint someone else. Would be daft to do that.

This, DC isn't someone who strikes me that would take sh*t lying down

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

If there is no truth in this and it was never going to happen, then it really is bad form on behalf of the club not to come straight out and quash the rumours once and for all.

DC has bought shares in Owlstalk

Owlstalk has bought shares in SkyBet

Garrido has got someone at Sky to run wild with some fake news

Makes no financial sense for any of them to put this to bed.

lol:Chansiri:

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Well, it’s either that or learn all the words to “The way it is” by Bruce Hornsby & the Range