Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 minutes ago, Forza SPAL said:

Totally agree.

I'll be gutted if he goes, and a bit angry, because I genuinely believe he's the best chance we've had for a while to get promoted.

However, I don't get all this aggressiveness towards him.

If it falls through he's still our manager, hes brought his staff and players in and will try his best to get us promoted. Why should he be vilified in such a way?

If I saw a job offered that interested me I'd look at it, perhaps apply and go for an interview, and wouldn't keep this a secret from my manager or team. If I then failed to get it or turned it down I'd simply continue with my current job and perform it to the best of my ability. I'd still expect to get on with everybody just like before.

I know to football fans there'e a lot more emotion involved, but to players / managers etc it's just their job.

I've no problem with SB if it all falls through and he's still our manager.

Each to their own I suppose.

UTO

100% agree with you.

19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So what do I do if Bruce turns up at Lincoln tomorrow 

Boo or cheer?

Depends,

If you think Bruce is the best manager we've had for a few years and gives us a genuine chance of getting promoted I suggest cheering and making him welcome.

Otherwise boo I suppose.

UTO

• Like 1

Straw clutching maybe, but...

...could it be Bruce and/or agent has had a chat with NUFC, and for whatever reason (NUFC fans, whatever) decided not to press ahead with taking the job. He then turns up for training to carry on having decided to stay, and has asked DC to bar the reporters so he can just get on with the job. 

Sure, he could release a statement to that effect, but after the grief with Villa, and what he went through off the pitch last year, maybe just wants to press on? Or maybe feels pre season prep is more important than discussing rumours/events with the salivating press hacks?

Like I said, probably just clutching at straws, and this is wide of the mark, but it all seems a bit odd right now...?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forza SPAL said:

Totally agree.

I'll be gutted if he goes, and a bit angry, because I genuinely believe he's the best chance we've had for a while to get promoted.

However, I don't get all this aggressiveness towards him.

If it falls through he's still our manager, hes brought his staff and players in and will try his best to get us promoted. Why should he be vilified in such a way?

If I saw a job offered that interested me I'd look at it, perhaps apply and go for an interview, and wouldn't keep this a secret from my manager or team. If I then failed to get it or turned it down I'd simply continue with my current job and perform it to the best of my ability. I'd still expect to get on with everybody just like before.

I know to football fans there'e a lot more emotion involved, but to players / managers etc it's just their job.

I've no problem with SB if it all falls through and he's still our manager.

Each to their own I suppose.

UTO

If Newcastle move breaks down then to me Bruce is still best manager we are going to get.

Swallow our price, draw a line under it and look forward to the new season.
Football fans are a fickle bunch and win first game of season and this is yesterdays chip paper.