Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Too fookin' right. Top dollar for all the disruption this will cause. Months of planning down the drain 3 weeks before season starts, less than 4 weeks before transfer window closes. Squeeze every last penny outta the fat fukker.

Absolutely this.

No way should we let him go for next to nowt after we've bent over backwards for him.

What if....

SB says NUFC asked me to be they're manager and I looked at it but decided to stay here.

What then?

Is there anything wrong with being offered a job and turning it down?

Edited by Rev Owl

It's all very strange now.

Surely if no compo has been agreed, he's not officially allowed to speak to them? Yet we have loads of reports that talks have been held and Bruce has told DC he wants out.

Some very mixed messages coming from everywhere.

I hope DC has watched how Mel Morris manipulated the situation with Chelsea and Frank Lampard and tries to get a decent amount of compensation and hopefully get some leverage with regards to getting a couple of players off them, either on loan or permanent. Let’s try and make the most of a bad situation.  

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

There definitely has been a formal approach. Wednesday’s press office will just be telling the local journos nothing to stop the pot from being stirred. 

Hasn’t 

I can see Ashley refusing to pay the compensation, getting tired of dealing with DC and then going after someone else, Bruce meanwhile in a very awkward position clearly wanting the job and to leave but having to come back with his tail between his legs and the fans now against him. Could only happen at Wednesday!

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Very amusing that NUFC have clearly not factored in that they would be negotiating with a Chairman notorious for setting extortionate valuations and then refusing to budge :Chansiri:

Dc makes Daniel levy look carefree with negotiations 

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

It's all very strange now.

Surely if no compo has been agreed, he's not officially allowed to speak to them? Yet we have loads of reports that talks have been held and Bruce has told DC he wants out.

Some very mixed messages coming from everywhere.

Do you ever get the feeling that absolutely nobody has any idea what's going on? lol

If it weren't for Twitter we'd be none the wiser.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

What if....

SB says NUFC asked me to be they're manager and I looked at it but decided to stay here.

What then?

No harm done in that scenario. Crack on as planned. I'd be delighted if his move to Newcastle falls through. Proper manager we've needed for a long time. Can't see it though. It's haggling from both sides, but bottom line is Bruce has been offered and wants to go. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

Very amusing that NUFC have clearly not factored in that they would be negotiating with a Chairman notorious for setting extortionate valuations and then refusing to budge :Chansiri:

Definitely picked the wrong man to negotiate with. The same man who allegedly refused to let Bolton take David Jones from us when he was nowhere near the matchday squad. 

lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Kanye West said:

Do you ever get the feeling that absolutely nobody has any idea what's going on? lol

If it weren't for Twitter we'd be none the wiser.

We're none the wiser with Twitter!

Edited by OwlofOliveGrove
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rev Owl said:

What if....

What then?

Was about to ask the same question. Says in a presser, something along the lines of... "out of respect to my boyhood club... Blah blah, I listened to what they were offering, I didn't like it, we move on, it's finished"