Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

5 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Chansiri has form when it comes to overpricing everything then not backing down. This could get very interesting.

Lets hope this is the case.

I'm sure there will be some sort of "Buyout". Not sure how it works with managers but I assume it's either

A) Agree on compensationg

B) You buy out his contract (Maximum compo)

Hope Chansiri is standing firm and going for the highest compo possible.

People can say what they want about Nixon, he’s never usually far wrong , he’s shown a complete lack of interest in this story aswell 

Guest wilyfox

Too fookin' right. Top dollar for all the disruption this will cause. Months of planning down the drain 3 weeks before season starts, less than 4 weeks before transfer window closes. Squeeze every last penny outta the fat fukker.

He needs to go now. Crazy thing is if NUFC got a better offer last minute and didn't take Bruce, we'd still be stuck having to pay his wages when he's already burnt his bridges as far as I'm concerned.

Go today you horrible c. Unt. 

F00k you and F00k the horse you rode in on. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Weird one this. I would expect to feel anger towards a manager who could be leaving in these circumstances. But somehow I don't. Disappointed yes. Especially as Chansiri gave SB so much grace to start way after he had agreed to become our manager. Really would have expected greater loyalty than that.

But we're in a much better position than when Luhukay left.

1. Our financial position has been turned around.
  2. We've had a good manager with a good reputation since early this year.
  3. We're on the up and a better prospect for a better sort of manager... (hopefully!)
  4. The players we've signed so far are better than we've had up till now - so no harm done there - and they've been free!
  5. Due to the soft embargo, SB hasn't been able to spend whatever funds we do have for the coming season.
  6. And thankfully our best chairman is the best we've had for ages, and he will have learned a lot over his first few years' tenure.

So if you're gone SB, sad to see you go, thanks for being part of a turnaround for SWFC - even though I expected you to drive through to the finish line... Here's hoping our reputation is on the up and we get a really decent manager to replace you who will give the club their loyalty and has the talent to drive us back up to the Premier League.

The amount of comments I've read on here and finally one that I agree with.

Nobody on here knows what conversations have been had but now all of a sudden people feel like it's acceptable to target him personally.

Get over it. It's no different to selling players when their heads are turned.

If he goes, it's disappointing but make sure we get what we're entitled to financially and move on. 

Until then business as usual. He hasn't said anything that justifies it vut everyone has an opinion of what has gone on.  He alledgedly asked permission to speak, and it would appear DC granted it (though compo would be needed before he was released).

Everybody is so easily offended nowadays.

• Like 1