Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

19 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

What would you do?

You’ve been in your latest job six months. It’s alright. Not the best job you’ve had. Facilities aren’t great to be fair, and they might have told you a couple of little fibs in the interview about how big your department’s budget would be. Expectations of you might be a bit high, but isn’t it everywhere?

The people are nice though. And they did hold the position open for you for a bit while you sorted other prior commitments. Because yeah, they really wanted you to work there... but still, you got the feeling they didn’t have many other great options.

You don’t really owe them anything. It’s not like folk were lining up to take the job. 

And then all of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, that one company you’ve always really wanted to work for headhunts you. They’ve got the perfect position for you. You’ve heard there might be a few bell ends there, but you’re getting on and you might not get another chance like this. 

They’re going to pay you a lot more than what you’re getting now. And if it doesn’t work out, you’ll be able to pretty much walk back into another job almost identical to the one you’re leaving anyway. Positions are always coming up these days, and you’d be a top candidate for any of them. 

You know what you’d do. It’s crap for us if he does go, yes. But you know 99.99% of us would do the same. 

Why compare football to normal life ??

It’s absolutely poles apart 

• Agree 3

Bruce was told when he joined there was no budget to spend. He was fine with that and talked fondly of putting together teams in the past with odds and sods and loans.

We have done nothing wrong here. 

Honestly who cares ? It’s just a manager going , losing Bannan would be a bigger problem. Good luck to the old pudding. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Do also hope that Bruce rocks up at a barcodes press conference, looks at that big pudding Mike Ashley and goes Dicaprio on them. 

• Haha 1

I don’t blame him - if someone said to me I will double your wages and if you don’t do your job properly or someone takes over the company you’ll get sacked but still paid the length of the contract you sign I’d do it 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Or.....You’ve been seeing this lovely lass for the last four months or so. Things have been going well and there is a lot of promise in the relationship. She worships the ground you walk on and all her family love you. 

Then out of nowhere the bird you’ve always fancied from been a kid shows up. She’s very unstable and has gone through blokes like hot dinners but she has a bit of money. She has ridiculously high expectations and none of her family particularly like the idea of you been with her.

Choosing the second option makes you a nobhead.

Maybe. But they’re jobs, not lasses. My analogy fits better. 

Plus, using yours... the one you’re with right now has been through her fair share of blokes too.

She’s like Jennifer Anniston. Attractive for a long time yeah, but if you look closely things are starting to droop a bit now. The cheap cover ups aren’t really working. And no one really seems to want to stick around, so you wonder what’s wrong with her behind closed doors.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

13 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

I really cant understand this 'mustn't grumble' attitude towards this.

Hes left us in a right fekkin mess, a lot of which will only become apparent over the next few months. How are his signings gonna react? Well need a whole new backroom team. The new man has had zip all input into pre season tactics or players. Our main players are gonna be wondering what the future holds. 

Hope he gets sacked early doors.

Again with a caveat that if he decides to stay I didnt mean it etc.

He won't leave us in a mess as long as we get the next appointment right.  We need to act quick, hopefully DC is already lining up a replacement.  If we f00 k about feeling sorry for ourselves we'll end up with Bullen in charge for the first few games of the season and before you know it it will be September before we make an appointment. It's not ideal timing but if we can get a new guy in over the weekend we'll be ok as long as we get the right man.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Am I right in thinking that Bruce said when he got the Wednesday job that he didn't need the money, didn't need to work again but came because he was made to feel wanted and was wowed by our incredible fan base. 

Yeah right. 

Six months later, he's going to a club which are paying him megabucks and none of the fans want him. 

Can't trust anyone in football. They all talk BS. 

Agree with last sentence. If you listen to talksport and you have ex players and current players & managers on and they all pretty much talk a load of crap. It’s like they have their own language - football drivel. 

Given the money in the game, there is no loyalty, morals or scruples. Everyone is out for themselves. Dog eat dog!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Why compare football to normal life ??

It’s absolutely poles apart 

Because its all just jobs and money to them.

If you could switch jobs every year while doubling your salary with little to no risk to your future chances of landing a job, then you’d do it. 

Same for football managers. The wages are amplified and the rules are skewed, but the idea is the same. 

• Like 1

When is the last time someone actually wanted something/someone we have? 

Jack Hunt ? 

Antonio ? 

Brunt ? 

Anything on this scale ?

We’re not used to it. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

They’re going to pay you a lot more than what you’re getting now. And if it doesn’t work out, you’ll be able to pretty much walk back into another job almost identical to the one you’re leaving anyway. Positions are always coming up these days, and you’d be a top candidate for any of them. 

Ah, I was agreeing with you up until this point.

He's burning too many bridges.  When he gets the sack, less teams are going to touch him now he has an even worse reputation for making promises and bailing.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

What would you do?

You’ve been in your latest job six months. It’s alright. Not the best job you’ve had. Facilities aren’t great to be fair, and they might have told you a couple of little fibs in the interview about how big your department’s budget would be. Expectations of you might be a bit high, but isn’t it everywhere?

The people are nice though. And they did hold the position open for you for a bit while you sorted other prior commitments. Because yeah, they really wanted you to work there... but still, you got the feeling they didn’t have many other great options.

You don’t really owe them anything. It’s not like folk were lining up to take the job. 

And then all of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, that one company you’ve always really wanted to work for headhunts you. They’ve got the perfect position for you. You’ve heard there might be a few bell ends there, but you’re getting on and you might not get another chance like this. 

You know what you’d do. It’s crap for us if he does go, yes. But you know 99.99% of us would do the same. 

Most of us do jobs that don't involve thousands of people being emotionally invested in your project. 

If I was in the reverse situation i.e. manager of Newcastle, then yes, I'd probably go to Wednesday. But, I'd expect most of the Newcastle fans to think I was a pr1ck. Nothing wrong with that, we don't all have to get along all the time.

Personally, I've got no problem with Bruce as a person, but I hope he loses every game for them and gets sacked

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

177 pages strong, well done lads and lasses.

Can we make it to 200 before the nights out?

220px-Jimmy_Saville_fireworks.gif

Edited by WatfordOwl
  • Haha 2

Has he gone yet ?

No, thought not.

Fat, false, lying, Geordie Judascunt!

Fuckoff kebab features!

We are Wednesday, we've got a Space Invaders away kit and sell flapjack at half-time!

We shall overcome!

(If you don't go - Bruce, Bruce blue and white army!)

• Agree 1
  • Haha 5

Well I for one would be gutted if he was to leave. We finally have a manager that knows this league, isn't a no name guy from league 2 in another country and when appointed I really wanted as our manager. I can't wait for the new season to start but now this...

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

Has he gone yet ?

No, thought not.

Be confirmed tomorrow.

They did say they wanted someone in place before they fly to China on Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Has he gone yet ?

No, thought not.

Player I spoke to this morning said he had. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Owlinmad said:

Has he gone yet ?

No, thought not.

Can’t fault your commitment Owlin.

How close is your source to Bruce? He/she still saying Bruce remains at S6? 

If Bruce is going to China this weekend he is gonna miss the Cricket World Cup final.

Ha ha ha ha ha...

:Sid:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Player I spoke to this morning said he had. 

iplayer?