Arnold

Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

8 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Bruce now odds on with sky bet

Helped by Sky running the story. Always thought there is a questionable link between the two.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Newcastle look's beautiful tonight

:Sid:

That settles it then. He’s not in Newcastle right now so he’s definitely not going. 

• Haha 1

Maybe his son will let his father know how against a potential appointment, Newcastle fans seem to be? I can't see Ashley paying the compensation and giving him a competitive enough budget? Sentiment and loyalty means nothing these days but I genuinely think Bruce likes being here, him and his son seemed moved by the respect, trust and passion we've showed towards Bruce. My head and not just my heart believes Bruce will stay and see the job through or at least see out his first full season in charge.  

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/analysis/three-important-things-to-consider-as-fresh-reports-link-sheffield-wednesdays-steve-bruce-with-newcastle-united/

4 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

That settles it then. He’s not in Newcastle right now so he’s definitely not going. 

Definitely...they don’t have mobiles, tablets and laptops in Portugal. 

• Agree 1

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Newcastle may be considering Bruce but it doesn't mean Bruce is considering Newcastle.

This is what I'm hoping. I've got a very worried 9 year old here at home, reminds me of myself at a similar age when big ron left. Let's hope there isn't a repeat in history. 

• Agree 2

my opinion, worthless as it is, is that this has been floated as a diversion by someone I agree with   ever the pessimist above  Sky news attracting cash for a rumour they are bigging up is dodgy imo

hope He doesn't go but if he does it's just another kick in the rocks as an Owl  used to them   reeling from the red arrows at the moment not sure i can cope 

9 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

He's watching the tennis...

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Maybe his son will let his father know how against a potential appointment, Newcastle fans seem to be? I can't see Ashley paying the compensation and giving him a competitive enough budget? Sentiment and loyalty means nothing these days but I genuinely think Bruce likes being here, him and his son seemed moved by the respect, trust and passion we've showed towards Bruce. My head and not just my heart believes Bruce will stay and see the job through or at least see out his first full season in charge.  

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/analysis/three-important-things-to-consider-as-fresh-reports-link-sheffield-wednesdays-steve-bruce-with-newcastle-united/

They'll see how respectful our online fan base are if he moves to Newcastle as well. :duntmatter:

4 minutes ago, RichieB said:

damn we're toast that's a mobile tel mast in the background 

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Statement would be nice

For what !!?    To stir up the media even more ?     

It’s lazy journalism and that’s all it is, Bruce will be an idiot if he goes anywhere near that club while Ashley is there anyway 

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

STATEMENT FROM SWFC

Stop flipping wetting the bed after every little rumour

:biggrin:

B@llocks..ITS BED WETTING SEASON!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RichieB said:

She's going to be disappointed when she finds out she's just had her photo taken with the Newcastle manager

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

5/6 with sky bet now :-(

those odds are not worrying at all  1/10 or no odds offered might be 

6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

STATEMENT FROM SWFC

Stop flipping wetting the bed after every little rumour

:biggrin:

Media team upping their game 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

They'll see how respectful our online fan base are if he moves to Newcastle as well. :duntmatter:

Aye, that's the fickle nature of modern football but hopefully it won't come to that because he should realise that he'd be walking into a difficult short term job where the fans would be immediately against him. Would he really want a Villa scenario again, after not long leaving that cauldron and coming here where so far he's been respected, welcomed and appreciated?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

If Newcastle come and offer him better money he'll be off, why wouldn't he?  They have just sold a player for £30m, Ashley will let him have that.  And anything better than relegation would be a success for them this season.  

You can say all you want about loyalty and respect but it all comes down to money.  Plus where would you rather work, a Premier League team who have an owner who isn't completely reckless (if very tight) or a Championship who are failing at FFP year on year, with an owner who seemingly doesn't know the first thing about running a football club?

Judging by our reluctance to sell players and our valuations Ashley won't have much change from that if he tries to take Bruce off us!