Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

4 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Bruce is reported to have asked for permission to speak to Newcastle... https://www.thesackrace.com/news/11th-july-2019/steve-bruce-wants-newcastle-talks-while-sam-allardyce-turns-down-the-toon

Odds now 3/10 with 10/1 bar.

Should we organise a collection and farewell party now?

Image result for pope dead

5 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Bruce is reported to have asked for permission to speak to Newcastle... https://www.thesackrace.com/news/11th-july-2019/steve-bruce-wants-newcastle-talks-while-sam-allardyce-turns-down-the-toon

Odds now 3/10 with 10/1 bar.

Should we organise a collection and farewell party now?

So longer odds than yesterday then, interesting

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, he doesn't owe us anything...which is why he's probably quite happy to jump for a significant salary increase and a shot in the Prem again.

But yeah, the reason he's off is because of a soft embargo and the fact a club who couldn't spend any money can't spend any money. 

He’s not allowed to wheel and deal. Which is what he was hoping to do. The embargo and the value we put on players is preventing that. I understand his frustration. 

Two transfer embargoes in successive seasons, is not acceptable. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

At rather he asked tbh, dont you consider that to be more respectful? Id consider the cloak and dagger appoach way more disrespectful. 

I think it is disrespectful to SWFC to have your head turned after only 6 months into his job, a job he's only just started.

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

That's a great idea. Sack him so we don't even get any compo and probably have to pay him off as well.

You're right but I am absolutely fuming about the whole affair, we should milk it for as much as we can, just hate disloyalty.

1 minute ago, darra said:

Reports saying that Ashley is trying to lure Bruce with a £60 million transfer budget. What would that buy in the premier league? Not much I reckon. Reading what the Geordies are posting if he did go he would possibly be booed as he walked out for his first home match. Not an easy decision I reckon. Also, Allardyce turning them down means he not even Ashleys first choice, maybe not even second.

they've been turned down by lots of managers, no one wants it apart from Bruce (according to the media he would jump for it). Everyone else has either turned it down or ruled themselves out. It's a mental job. Dream job or not, boyhood club or not to walk into that toxic atmosphere as 150th choice, with that owner and with the fans instantly against him would be madness, especially after what happened at Villa. Hopefully he'll see sense, be turned off it or advised not to risk it. Otherwise, we'll struggle to get a suitable replacement before the season starts.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s not allowed to wheel and deal. Which is what he was hoping to do. The embargo and the value we put on players is preventing that. I understand his frustration. 

I'm sorry, but what you've posted is at best supposition and at worst pure spin.

1 minute ago, paddyowl said:

I think it is disrespectful to SWFC to have your head turned after only 6 months into his job, a job he's only just started.

You're right but I am absolutely fuming about the whole affair, we should milk it for as much as we can, just hate disloyalty.

Nowt we can do about it. 

Its a garbage situation, but at least its been done respectfully and the right way. Resigning then taking it. Negating compo. Then im right thete with you. 

Its a better paid job, rather than a better job. 

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

they've been turned down by lots of managers, no one wants it apart from Bruce (according to the media he would jump for it). Everyone else has either turned it down or ruled themselves out. It's a mental job. Dream job or not, boyhood club or not to walk into that toxic atmosphere as 150th choice, with that owner and with the fans instantly against him would be madness, especially after what happened at Villa. Hopefully he'll see sense, be turned off it or advised not to risk it. Otherwise, we'll struggle to get a suitable replacement before the season starts.

Mourinho and Flores are quoted at second favourites at 10/1 and neither of them are going to happen, especially when Mourinho turned down an £89 million package to manage in China.

I don't care about all this 'no loyalty in football anymore' business. 

If he goes to that cursed team and leaves us in the brown stuff then he's a bona-fide Calgon. 

As the man once almost said 'judge a man not by the thickness of his wallet but by the content of his character'. 

1 minute ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Mourinho and Flores are quoted at second favourites at 10/1 and neither of them are going to happen, especially when Mourinho turned down an £89 million package to manage in China.

isn't Flores out of work? If Bruce doesn't take it, I would imagine it would be someone out of a job, unless they just hire within.

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Where have you got this fact from?

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Pretty pointless at the moment.

It feels that way doesn’t it The only thing is, DC has always said, the recruitment model remains the same, whether coaches come and go An excellent idea, but in practice, it hasn’t always looked that way

If Bruce goes and the compo is £5m+, which is being widely reported, it looks like it will clear us of FFP completely.

I would take Hughton and no FFP worries in an instant, as much as I like Bruce.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.17.15.png