Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Now that SB has asked DC permission to talk to NUFC, I would get rid now even before he talks to them. 

I like Bruce and thought he would be the man to take us up, I even wish him good luck for the future and understand they were his boyhood club but for him to ask permission smells of disloyalty and we don't need someone having only been with us for 6 months getting their head turned' We need someone with 100% commitment.

Chris Hughton would be a decent choice but can we afford him and will he drop into the championship or even work up north ?

FUBAR every close season......

10 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

If he does goes, the positive is at least it isn't mid season. Hopefully if we can get someone in quick it wont be as damaging as in November for example.

At the moment I do think he will go. But we will still be here, managers come and go...

Disagree, this is the worst time for managerial upheaval - season starts in 3 weeks, and it might take that long to appoint a new manager. So that's pre-season and possibly the transfer / loan window all gone before a new man can come in, assess the squad and get them playing his way.  Unless we go for the cheap option and appoint Agnew which long term could be disastrous.

3 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Is Bruce stupid ?..Newcastle are in the middle of takeover talks with major money men so what does he think is going to happen when they do take over ?..they will want a big name manager and he will be out.

Yes but if he’s looking for a nice final payday then he insists on a 2-3 year contract, knowing the club will be sold and their own man brought in, then gets a nice pay off. 

Just now, jack whitham said:

Is Bruce stupid ?..Newcastle are in the middle of takeover talks with major money men so what does he think is going to happen when they do take over ?..they will want a big name manager and he will be out.

Newcastle fans think it's more a fakeover than a takeover, Ashley's asking price is too high. If Bruce goes or whoever takes the job will.have peanuts to spend in mad PL terms and they'll be a stop gap option and a fall guy. Until they do get taken over or relegated, if they even last that long. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

With a massive cheque 

1 minute ago, paddyowl said:

Now that SB has asked DC permission to talk to NUFC, I would get rid now even before he talks to them. 

I like Bruce and thought he would be the man to take us up, I even wish him good luck for the future and understand they were his boyhood club but for him to ask permission smells of disloyalty and we don't need someone having only been with us for 6 months getting their head turned' We need someone with 100% commitment.

Chris Hughton would be a decent choice but can we afford him and will he drop into the championship or even work up north ?

At rather he asked tbh, dont you consider that to be more respectful? Id consider the cloak and dagger appoach way more disrespectful. 

2 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

That's a great idea. Sack him so we don't even get any compo and probably have to pay him off as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Disagree, this is the worst time for managerial upheaval - season starts in 3 weeks, and it might take that long to appoint a new manager. So that's pre-season and possibly the transfer / loan window all gone before a new man can come in, assess the squad and get them playing his way.  Unless we go for the cheap option and appoint Agnew which long term could be disastrous.

Really hope we don’t give the job to Agnew or Bullen. 

Reports saying that Ashley is trying to lure Bruce with a £60 million transfer budget. What would that buy in the premier league? Not much I reckon. Reading what the Geordies are posting if he did go he would possibly be booed as he walked out for his first home match. Not an easy decision I reckon. Also, Allardyce turning them down means he not even Ashleys first choice, maybe not even second.

Just now, darra said:

Reports saying that Ashley is trying to lure Bruce with a £60 million transfer budget. What would that buy in the premier league? Not much I reckon. Reading what the Geordies are posting if he did go he would possibly be booed as he walked out for his first home match. Not an easy decision I reckon. Also, Allardyce turning them down means he not even Ashleys first choice, maybe not even second.

Pretty sure the tight fat idiot won't give Brucie more than he'd give Rafa.

1 minute ago, darra said:

The way it’s played out since Rafa left I’d be surprised if Bruce was even in their top 10 choices.

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The same people criticising Bruce for disloyalty are the same ones who called him a good and honourable man for taking an extended break following the death of his parents.

Aye, on the proviso he wouldn't jump ship after 5 months, three weeks before the start of a new season.

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Newcastle fans think it's more a fakeover than a takeover, Ashley's asking price is too high. If Bruce goes or whoever takes the job will.have peanuts to spend in mad PL terms and they'll be a stop gap option and a fall guy. Until they do get taken over or relegated, if they even last that long. :ph34r:

Ashley reminds me of one of those blokes who gets their house valued sticks a couple of window boxes and hanging baskets up then ups the price by 2 grand saying it's been recently renovated and improved.