Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

So, all you non bed wetters, do you still think Bruce will be our manager come the start of the season?

It's a tough one.... I'd still be happy to have him here regardless. But hopefully by the end of today we should know for certain. 

Just now, keepitsteel89 said:

"Hi Steve welcome to Newcastle, here's your 60m in transfer budget presentation on how to make the most of a £15 million transfer budget"

He can tag it onto his ' how to build a squad under an embargo' presentation

If he does goes, the positive is at least it isn't mid season. Hopefully if we can get someone in quick it wont be as damaging as in November for example.

At the moment I do think he will go. But we will still be here, managers come and go...

7 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Would anyone take Stu Gray back?

Was in Portugal the other day :ph34r:

you may, and I may, but can you think what an admission it would be from dc?, 4 years ago this guy got 'the bullet', we've spent an absolute fortune since, achieved **** all, got a side now no better than his was before he left.

that's some helping of 'humble pie'.

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Dont blame him one bit if he goes. Working for DC must be infuriating

How many owners would be prepared to sign a manager, and give him an immediate 2 months leave-of-absence before he's even started?

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

you may, and I may, but can you think what an admission it would be from dc?, 4 years ago this guy got 'the bullet', we've spent an absolute fortune since, achieved **** all, got a side now no better than his was before he left.

that's some helping of 'humble pie'.

Sometimes you just have to eat the humble pie...

26 minutes ago, wmb said:

Are you actually that easy to fool? Bruce will use this as his excuse and people like you will lap it up and blame the chairman. How's about you give Chansiri and the club the benefit of the doubt for the change and see the situation for what it is. Bruce is looking to jump ship to his boyhood club for a big fat pay packet. I like Bruce but he's not always been the most loyal of managers has he!

The same people criticising Bruce for disloyalty are the same ones who called him a good and honourable man for taking an extended break following the death of his parents.

But people have a go at me for questioning the chairman and his advisor who have overseen a number of bad errors over the past few years. 

Still how dare Bruce leave. People forget he owes us absolutely nothing.

• Thanks 1

OK been off the site for a few hours and trying to catch up on what's going on but so many contradictions. Can someone help?

Bruce is going

Bruce is staying?

Newcastle approach Bruce?

Newcastle haven't approached Bruce?

Bruce asked permission to talk to Newcastle

Bruce Knows nothing about it?

£1million compo

£5million compo

etc. etc.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The same people criticising Bruce for disloyalty are the same ones who called him a good and honourable man for taking an extended break following the death of his parents.

But people have a go at me for questioning the chairman and his advisor who have overseen a number of bad errors over the past few years. 

As a manager, you always want to test yourself at the highest level. I’m pretty certain he does have a few reservations about taking the Newcastle job, but at the end of the day, it’s a high profile job. Personally, I don’t see it ending well for him, but he will back himself I’m sure.

1 minute ago, farlego said:

OK been off the site for a few hours and trying to catch up on what's going on but so many contradictions. Can someone help?

Bruce is going

Bruce is staying?

£1million compo

£5million compo

etc. etc.

You missed off the bowling. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No, he doesn't owe us anything...which is why he's probably quite happy to jump for a significant salary increase and a shot in the Prem again.

But yeah, the reason he's off is because of a soft embargo and the fact a club who couldn't spend any money can't spend any money. 

Just now, jack whitham said:

Is Bruce stupid ?..Newcastle are in the middle of takeover talks with major money men so what does he think is going to happen when they do take over ?..they will want a big name manager and he will be out.

If that happens he gets a nice, juicy pay off and, providing he has kept their heads above water in the interim, will be well regarded by Newcastle fans for his work.

2 minutes ago, farlego said:

Bruce is going

Bruce is staying?

£1million compo

£5million compo

etc. etc.

Honest answer, nobody outside the club really knows. 

Frustrating waiting game for us. 

Most media outlets expect him to be moving on, especially now big sam turned it down.