Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Chansiri needs to just get the accounts submitted. After the time we gave Bruce to start work, I'd be funding if he left. However, with our current situation, messing around with the accounts and no communication from the club you could understand why he'd want to jump ship for his hometown club, and get paid more money. We're almost inviting Bruce to go at the moment. Let the man do his job. 

Have the accounts still not been submitted?

Honestly haven't got a clue what is going on at the club other than heresay on here.

As far as the fans are concerned we aren't even under an embargo because no statement has been made.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Have the accounts still not been submitted?

Honestly haven't got a clue what is going on at the club other than heresay on here.

As far as the fans are concerned we aren't even under an embargo because no statement has been made.

Which you can read as "nobody has a clue what is going on at the club"

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, striker said:

Not sure, embargo will be lifted in due course and at least DC will spend given the chance. Ashley is as tight as a ducks arse, runs the club on a shoestring.

Wilder probably has a bigger budget than the Newcastle manager will have. 

Hopefully it will be lifted in due course, as you say. That's what we keep hearing...constant dialogue with EFL and belief it will be sorted. Maybe it's not happening quick enough. Bruce may feel our chances next season are in jeopardy. Transfer window closes in 4 weeks today. An awful lot needs to happen in that time to make us contenders. Bruce will know that - and nothing can happen until the embargo is lifted & we have funds to spend. 

If Bruce was given the job under false pretences and then an EPL team come knocking, then really I wouldn’t blame him.

However, I don't think the Newcastle job with the club under its current predicaments really would be the best option. It’s got short termism written all over it.

Guest domSWFC
2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

How do you know Bruce has had no communication from the club? Fairly certain just because they aren't telling us, either because they choose not to, or the EFL have told them not to say anything, that Bruce knows exactly whats going on, hell, he brought Tony in on what I would imagine isn't a small sum, so DC is clearly backing him.

I know Bruce will know what is going on, but the club treating the fans like idiots is causing so much distribution in the fan base. A bit of communication and reassurance would go a long way, this club and fanbase as one unit could be a reason to stay. 

1/3 best price (outside betfair) for the Bruce next Newcastle manger. Certainly seems like it's his to turn down.

Only possibility of him not going is that Ashley is unwilling to give the control over the club he wants ie., Transfers

It will be a shame to loose Steve so soon but CH could also be a good shout for rebuilding us.

4 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I know Bruce will know what is going on, but the club treating the fans like idiots is causing so much distribution in the fan base. A bit of communication and reassurance would go a long way, this club and fanbase as one unit could be a reason to stay. 

Yeah, but no one knows why we haven't heard anything. Like I say, the EFL could have told the club to not announce anything, nobody knows. 

4 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

I Hope Bruce stays, best manager since Big Ron. If he goes we have a lot to thanks him for.

Helped us avoid relegation last season, Big clear out & brought in some good players, 

I hope he stays....but best since BR....he's not done owt yet to earn that accolade. UTO.