Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It’s great that the same people can just flip between ‘its his boyhood club, he would be mad not to go’ to ‘he’s leaving because we are a shambles’ depending on what point they want to make.

There can be an element of both you know. 

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

He did allude to it at the fans forum, then it seems came up with more ways to avoid being in the sh*t, with the shares, and the ground sale to himself.

But has he even sold the ground to himself.... I mean I haven't seen anything concrete... or we still waiting on all this accounts shambles before we see or hear something?

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If rumours are true about Bruce feeling disillusioned and broken promises, who is to say things aren’t as toxic behind the scenes at Wednesday?

I said from day one Bruce won’t be a puppet like Carlos and Jos. Whoever replaces him faces the same challenges. 

Are you actually that easy to fool? Bruce will use this as his excuse and people like you will lap it up and blame the chairman. How's about you give Chansiri and the club the benefit of the doubt for the change and see the situation for what it is. Bruce is looking to jump ship to his boyhood club for a big fat pay packet. I like Bruce but he's not always been the most loyal of managers has he!

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

But has he even sold the ground to himself.... I mean I haven't seen anything concrete... or we still waiting on all this accounts shambles before we see or hear something?

The general consensus is that;s why the accounts are delayed, while DC does the ground/shares, whatever he's doing to avoid us being in the sh*t

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

What a fantastic position Bruce is in.

He stays with us ..he will be a hero, if he leaves he will be buying a new yacht regardless of results.

What a great job being a football manager is.

If he did have a restless night's sleep I bet it was made easier resting on hand woven silk pillows and a really soft duvet and not being woken up by bin men at 7.30am clattering wheelie bins into burnt out Vauxhall Corsas.

Feeding the ducks in the park while wishing you were far away.....

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

He stays with us ..he will be a hero, if he leaves he will be buying a new yacht regardless of results.

If he did have a restless night's sleep I bet it was made easier resting on hand woven silk pillows and a really soft duvet and not being woken up by bin men at 7.30am clattering wheelie bins into burnt out Vauxhall Corsas.

Where do you live? Haha

3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Just beautiful!

lol

• Haha 1

Bruce was such a fantastic appointment for us and honestly the best appointment we had made in a long long time. He would have built something here. I can understand his situation and it being his boyhood club. Butthe fact remains Mike Ashley is a complete fool and Bruce will be a fall guy and they will be baying for his blood after 4 games. 

Honestly think DC will just put Bullen in charge but not the right move at all in the long run! 

Such a shyyytte situation and sets us up for a poor season sincerely hope I'm wrong!!!

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

If he stays, and the reports are true of him wanting to speak to the barcodes, I dont think he'll get the backing of many fans, end of the day it shows he's been tempted and willing to leave us at first opportunity that's come along. Damage has been done, it's an ugly ending either way for the club. 

Guest domSWFC

Chansiri needs to just get the accounts submitted. After the time we gave Bruce to start work, I'd be funding if he left. However, with our current situation, messing around with the accounts and no communication from the club you could understand why he'd want to jump ship for his hometown club, and get paid more money. We're almost inviting Bruce to go at the moment. Let the man do his job. 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I'm sure I remember Chansiri saying if we didn't get promoted last time around we would still be in the $hît... or am I making that up?

Maybe he's been telling Bruce there is a way around it since then i.e. share issue/stadium sale. There clearly is manoeuvring behind the scenes, even if no outcome as yet. Fact is Bruce said in May that we wouldn't be operating under embargo this summer. They were his words/understanding...rightly or wrongly. 

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

The general consensus is that;s why the accounts are delayed, while DC does the ground/shares, whatever he's doing to avoid us being in the sh*t

I'd love to know why the accounts are taking so long to sort out... I know we submitted them late but dear me   

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

To clarify, we are no wiser on this subject than we were last night. Yes?

That's right. All the main protagonists are still having breakfast..

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and croissants, washed down with earl grey

Bruce is out with the dog

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Chansiri needs to just get the accounts submitted. After the time we gave Bruce to start work, I'd be funding if he left. However, with our current situation, messing around with the accounts and no communication from the club you could understand why he'd want to jump ship for his hometown club, and get paid more money. We're almost inviting Bruce to go at the moment. Let the man do his job. 

How do you know Bruce has had no communication from the club? Fairly certain just because they aren't telling us, either because they choose not to, or the EFL have told them not to say anything, that Bruce knows exactly whats going on, hell, he brought Tony in on what I would imagine isn't a small sum, so DC is clearly backing him.

Just now, sweetsheri said:

That's right. All the main protagonists are still having breakfast..

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and croissants, washed down with earl grey

Bruce is out with the dog

Ashley is only on his 7th bacon sarnie and 3rd pint of lager so some way to go yet before he's ready for doing any business.