Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

10 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

I’m afraid even if he doesn’t jump ship, the damage is irreversible.

If he’s asked for permission to talk to Newcastle, then that’s the final nail for me.

How can he be 100% after that, and the players must feel totally deflated.

What a phuking shambles.......

Disagree...as a boyhood fan you would at least want to go and see what they had to say, otherwise you would be left with what if? He has done the honest thing and asked for permission. I think he'd be foolish to take it - based on their current circumstances - but I wouldn't be able to not go and meet them if I was Bruce and the situation was the other way around.

And if he does turn it down, it shows v much his commitment to us - turning down his boyhood team and, a Prem team at that. If this does transpire I'd welcome him back even more so. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I tend to agree.

Only way back if he doesn't go is if it transpires it's all been a giant smokescreen and no contact made.

Can't see it though 

Agree, but with others openly speculating about him being considered and Bruce saying he'd be interested, sure no-one naive enough to think there has not been communication. 

This speculation, not just from random journo's but people who have known Bruce personally for years and most likely have spoken to the man himself.

Needs a swift decisive statement from Bruce this morning, otherwise we all know what we expect as is being reported and he wants to leave, has been contact and no smokescreen.

So same thing getting repeated over and over:

From Bruce's point of view:

Hometown club (was upset when he didn't take the job in the past);

more money;

Premier league;

Feels let down by the club regarding signings (according to some people)

Given the history of the position, He seems to be the only one who would go near this job.

The fans:

Feel let down by the timing (pre season, just made some signings)

after the club compassionately let him star late;

Feel because of his start would be the club to get us promoted;

Think he can do a better job with more freedom here than there;

Think he'll be sacked by Christmas at Newcastle

Think it'll be a relegation challenge rather than a promotion challenge 

Then the fallout:

People whinging like schoolgirls who's mate has just got off with their boyfriend.

"oh my god, where do I go from here? what am i going to do with myself now? Life is so bad!"

If he wants to go, then I'd rather he goes. I would rather have a manager who wants to be here, and not someone who is thinking what might have been.

We'll get another manager, there's no guarantee that Bruce would've been the special one.

People on here slating DC's ability to get a manager. Personally, I don't think he's done too badly considering he's learning how to run a club...

CC was good for a season and a half

JL was a load of crap, but the CV read well. It just didn't work

SB Started well

Considering the bunch of brown stuff we've had over the last 20 years, we've come on a long way.

Before Carlos, I actually think Paul Sturrock was our best man in charge. Which, let's be right, isn't right is it?

I know it won't make any difference, but i need to get this off my chest. Let's stop moaning

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce didn’t think we were under an embargo in May. 

..or thought we'd be out of it by now. Either way, I suspect our constraints are pushing him towards Newcastle. 

If Bruce stays then I'm of course willing to give him support, this is a results business and as long as he appears to be getting results come a few months time, that's if he hasn't gone and we are doing well... everyone will have forgotten that any of this has even happened. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce didn’t think we were under an embargo in May. 

Only a soft embargo due to a technicality of submitting accounts late.

While i accept this is not a good situation, were the accounts late in May?

5 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Disagree...as a boyhood fan you would at least want to go and see what they had to say, otherwise you would be left with what if? He has done the honest thing and asked for permission. I think he'd be foolish to take it - based on their current circumstances - but I wouldn't be able to not go and meet them if I was Bruce and the situation was the other way around. And if he does turn it down, it shows v much his commitment to us, turning down his boyhood team and a Prem team at that. In that regards I'd welcome him back even more so. 

If he's quick, then he could probably get back after interview for the cricket this pm... 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

..or thought we'd be out of it by now. Either way, I suspect our constraints are pushing him towards Newcastle. 

I'm sure I remember Chansiri saying if we didn't get promoted last time around we would still be in the $hît... or am I making that up?

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I'm sure I remember Chansiri saying if we didn't get promoted last time around we would still be in the $hît... or am I making that up?

He did allude to it at the fans forum, then it seems came up with more ways to avoid being in the sh*t, with the shares, and the ground sale to himself.

I dont have an issue with Bruce wanting to talk to Newcastle. If i was approached by another company offering me more money i would want to hear them out. 

What i will find unsavoury is if he leaves then places any of the blame for the decision on Sheffield Wednesday e.g broken promises from the chairman. 

Guest Bulgaria

What a fantastic position Bruce is in.

He stays with us ..he will be a hero, if he leaves he will be buying a new yacht regardless of results.

What a great job being a football manager is.

If he did have a restless night's sleep I bet it was made easier resting on hand woven silk pillows and a really soft duvet and not being woken up by bin men at 7.30am clattering wheelie bins into burnt out Vauxhall Corsas.

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Not sure, embargo will be lifted in due course and at least DC will spend given the chance. Ashley is as tight as a ducks arse, runs the club on a shoestring.

Wilder probably has a bigger budget than the Newcastle manager will have. 

Edited by striker