Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

If Bruce goes our fans should get 100% behind the new guy. Us against the world siege mentality stuff. We’d be up against it from the off, nothing to lose. No infighting, just all out support. 

8 minutes ago, Retired Owls Fan said:

Everyone still squabbling on here then?

It’s gonna kick off already.

We’re possibly doomed. 

Get hiddid’ under the table. 

4 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t believe some of the comments on here , well most of them actually page after page of ifs and buts , I think everyone should wait until actual facts are revealed , geez !!!!. 

Facts are overrated, it's Owlstalk FFS :Sid:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

Take a step back from being a Wednesday fan and see this for what it is. You're boyhood club desperately want you to manage them in front of 60k fans in the Premier League.

He is a decent man and I'm sure he will be torn about going and I for one will miss his honest pressers and feel good factor he was bringing. Even with a limited squad I fancied us to challenge this year. 

With the same squad under a different lesser manager, like the previous 2 we could be in big big trouble now

Boyhood club or not, he'd bring walking into a more toxic atmosphere than at Villa, working for a owner that doesn't care about the fans to say the least, would you have worked with Dave Allen?

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t believe some of the comments on here , well most of them actually page after page of ifs and buts , I think everyone should wait until actual facts are revealed , geez !!!!. 

I'll save a cabbage for you then just in case. 

• Haha 1

I’m afraid even if he doesn’t jump ship, the damage is irreversible.

If he’s asked for permission to talk to Newcastle, then that’s the final nail for me.

How can he be 100% after that, and the players must feel totally deflated.

What a phuking shambles.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Take a step back from being a Wednesday fan and see this for what it is. You're boyhood club desperately want you to manage them in front of 60k fans in the Premier League.

He is a decent man and I'm sure he will be torn about going and I for one will miss his honest pressers and feel good factor he was bringing. Even with a limited squad I fancied us to challenge this year. 

With the same squad under a different lesser manager, like the previous 2 we could be in big big trouble now

They don't get 60K.

This boyhood fan went and manged f*cking Sunderland.

He isn't a decent man imo if he leaves like this. After the compassion we showed him he gives us 18 games. And is happy to leave at this stage of pre season.

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

If Bruce goes our fans should get 100% behind the new guy. Us against the world siege mentality stuff. We’d be up against it from the off, nothing to lose. No infighting, just all out support. 

It’s gonna kick off already.

We’re possibly doomed. 

Get hiddid’ under the table. 

Duck and roll......with cabbage

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Boyhood club or not, he'd bring walking into a more toxic atmosphere than at Villa, working for a owner that doesn't care about the fans to say the least, would you have worked with Dave Allen?

If rumours are true about Bruce feeling disillusioned and broken promises, who is to say things aren’t as toxic behind the scenes at Wednesday?

I said from day one Bruce won’t be a puppet like Carlos and Jos. Whoever replaces him faces the same challenges. 

Just now, bronxowl said:

If he’s asked for permission to talk to Newcastle, then that’s the final nail for me.

I tend to agree.

Only way back if he doesn't go is if it transpires it's all been a giant smokescreen and no contact made.

Can't see it though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

I wouldnt have liked to work with Dave Allen but I'd have wanted the opportunity to do everything I could to improve my home teams fortunes and test myself under maximum pressure. Perhaps not at his age with his health mind you. 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Reading whats been in the Chronicle about the takeover at NUFC , sounds more like a panic appointment to stop the price of the sale going down.

It should be stressed there are other parties talking to Newcastle but with just four weeks until the start of the season – and barring a dramatic development in the coming days – it now raises the prospect of no change of ownership in time to impact on this season.

Instead it could drag into the campaign with potential for other interested parties to come back to the table with Ashley lowering the price based on the potential risk of relegation. The alternative – that Ashley takes the club off the market – was raised last year but the owner seems reluctant to do that for now, and Newcastle must be braced for a furious fan backlash after a summer of discontent on Tyneside.

Against that backdrop, punters have begun to place money on United to go down. Bet365's Steve Freeth said: "Newcastle are the best backed team in the Premier League Relegation market by a considerable margin. They've come in from 10/3 to 11/4.

And if I was prepared to splash a few hundred million on buying a club like Newcastle, I'd want to bring in my own people to manage the club, including a hand-picked head coach.

Surely, if the club is in limbo at the moment and up for sale, anyone taking up the vacant post at Newcastle must either be running a high risk of being sacked within weeks or they happen to be that person that the incumbent buyer has chosen as part of the deal.

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

People saying we'll be able to spend some of the Bruce compensation money might be in for shock. We are under close surveillance from the EFL and we might still not be allowed to spend it. 

The reality of being in an embargo. 

This is a genuine worry for me (on the outside looking in). 

If we get a lump of cash coming in, it may only be used to balance the books.

3 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

Apart from the ability to play in the fans heartstrings.....it was my boyhood club, the least I could do was to talk to them....as a fan you all understand the pull of a particular club....etc