Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Having slept on it, more relaxed. We've had our judas moments before and survived, at least Big Ron won something. 

No doubt his departure would be devastating in the short term, given the season is so close and now losing valuable recruitment time to put a squad together. 

It does concern me finding a replacement as the pool of candidates for what will be a mid table championship club, hamstrung by FFP will be shallow, populated by the usual suspects and an obscure candidate pushed by Doyen. 

My concern is, for whatever reason Bruce stays, is his position tenable? Is his heart in it? Will the fans give him the leeway after a bad spell, he would otherwise have had?

If a manager asks to leave, suggests not, in which case fizz him. We are not Steve Bruce's Sheffield Wednesday, we are Sheffield Wednesday.

56 minutes ago, Turkey Owl said:

Just had a sneaky bet on Quequi Sanchez Flores being next Newcastle manager. Just hoping it’s not Bruce really. 

He is the man they need. Top manager. Perfect for the toon

(who the chuff is he?)

2 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

From what I can see we are no further forward than 24hrs ago, and all this is doing is impacting on SWFC preseason!!!

Big Sam said on talksport that he know SB really well and he says he will take the job!!!!

We can’t afford to drag it out, we tell Mike Ashley this is what we want in compensation if you want SB, take it or leave 

That’s what they would do

Does that mean big Sam has spoken to Bruce I wonder.....and has Rafa spoken to Bruce like he supposedly has to others to put them off??

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

What?

We waited for weeks for him and gave him the opportunity to stay on holiday and wait to come in for the job - not many would do that 

He’s sold us the dream and loved he club etc take us back where we belong, said it at owls in park etc - all in this time he’s been tapped up by Newcastle

If you believe he’s only spoke to them last few days you are really naive - he’s been sounding it out for weeks and giving us the fans a load of bull just 4 weeks before season starts 

Good riddance

Are you seriously saying you wouldn't listen to an offer from another company?  More pay etc?  Cause you would.

Your last paragraph is completely made up without a jot of evidence.   The guy hasn't even left yet or given any inclination that he is leaving.  But you slap him about regardless.

IF he does leave we move on it's part of football, the big fish eat the smaller fish.  Thats the gamble when you hire a high profile manager. Live with it.

Fairly confident he's stopping.  

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Does that mean big Sam has spoken to Bruce I wonder.....and has Rafa spoken to Bruce like he supposedly has to others to put them off??

The way Sam was speaking he has definitely spoken to Bruce unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Having slept on it, more relaxed. We've had our judas moments before and survived, at least Big Ron won something. 

No doubt his departure would be devastating in the short term, given the season is so close and now losing valuable recruitment time to put a squad together. 

It does concern me finding a replacement as the pool of candidates for what will be a mid table championship club, hamstrung by FFP will be shallow, populated by the usual suspects and an obscure candidate pushed by Doyen. 

My concern is, for whatever reason Bruce stays, is his position tenable? Is his heart in it? Will the fans give him the leeway after a bad spell, he would otherwise have had?

If a manager asks to leave, suggests not, in which case fizz him. We are not Steve Bruce's Sheffield Wednesday, we are Sheffield Wednesday.

Did we survive it though? 

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What?

We waited for weeks for him and gave him the opportunity to stay on holiday and wait to come in for the job - not many would do that 

He’s sold us the dream and loved he club etc take us back where we belong, said it at owls in park etc - all in this time he’s been tapped up by Newcastle

If you believe he’s only spoke to them last few days you are really naive - he’s been sounding it out for weeks and giving us the fans a load of bull just 4 weeks before season starts 

Good riddance

Lets all blame Bruce. Every manager says these things whilst employed at a club. What did you want him to say at OITP? Yeah I’m off to Newcastle? 

Its clear things are still not good behind the scenes. Bruce wouldn’t leave us to go work for Ashley if that’s the case. I find it absolutely staggering that Wednesday fans still can’t see what the problem at the club is, and has been for a long time now.

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What?

Good riddance

Would like him to stay still and I can see why he would want to move. But completely agree we have every right to be fuming about it as we will have been let down big time and fobbed off. It happens all the time and it’s part of football but that’s how reputations are formed and people can be judged accordingly.

He was given a hard time at Villa, welcomed here and I think he would be given a lot of leeway with the fans also given the financial situation. Walking into a maelstrom at Newcastle just to achieve an ambition. 

Giving him a pat on the back and wishing him well regardless of the opportunity would be nice and magnanimous but we’d just be taking the mick out of ourselves.

8 minutes ago, striker said:

It will all depend on who DC replaces Bruce with. Something I’m very concerned about. Bruce is a manager the players seemed to respect and want to play for. The right manager is so important especially when you compare how the players performed under Jos. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

What will most likely happen is:

Bruce will go and we get a bit of cash (MA might think he can get away with paying us less cash than we deserve).  

Or 

Bruce stays and acts like no one contacted him (but the dodgy world of football probably says otherwise). 

8 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I don’t think it matters. Bruce would manage Newcastle if he had a team of kids and half a stadium. Last chance.

16 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What?

Good riddance

What do you mean what.? 

How old are you man, playground insults, jeeez.