Guest Arnold

:ghoulguy: Dave Jones :Sid:

• #1657 by ToonArmy1892 on 11 Jul, 2019 06:54
  • I hope everyone turns them down.

This is glorious.
  • #1675 by Collage on 11 Jul, 2019 07:35
  • Bruce or Fat Sam, who would you pick? :lol:
  • #1676 by ToonArmy1892 on 11 Jul, 2019 07:35
  • Why are they even looking for a new manager?

May aswell give it to Redfearne.
  • #1677 by JH on 11 Jul, 2019 07:36
  • Time for a bit of British has-been bingo. Who is going to be linked next?

Dave Jones? Paul Jewell? Steve Wigley?

My worry would be if Chansiri went back to searching for a left field foreign manager...someone who got to the quarter finals of the  Europa Cup with an unheard of Romanian side....but hasn’t managed since being sacked from some 3rd tier Belgian outfit.

Edited by fatzooma

I'm not shy at taking a pop but IF we have inserted a big comp fee into the contract  i want to tip my hat to DC or negotiator 

however IF Bruce has declared he wants to speak then I'm sorry he has to go we need someone who's heart is in it   

15 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

£5m sounds a lot, but we have invested heavily in the backroom staff since Bruce came in. 2 experienced assistants, the recruitment team and the new medical fella- all as part of Bruce's project.

It's also an absolutely critical time in terms of player negotiations, the transfer window and pre-season preparation.

Taking all that into account, and considering the top of the game is awash with cash, it actually seems quite cheap.

As you mention, to lose Bruce would make a massive dent on progress we have made since he's come in and the pre season work he's been carrying out with the players.

Not only do we lose Bruce but his team of experienced staff and no doubt the new sports science guy too. It would be a massive blow, I don't think 5million is worth the cost of him leaving at such a critical time at the start of the season. 

I hope he stays and it’s interesting that these other names are being thrown around last minute. But once someone’s head is turned it becomes difficult for all parties doesn’t it? It spoils it a bit. 

From the various chatter this week and some decent sources in the NE, my feeling is that it will come to a head this week and Bruce will most likely be off. 

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Think today will be the day we find out if Bruce is leaving. Really hope he sees sense and stays. There is a reason so many managers are turning them down. 

Agree 100%,this needs sorting today so we can move on, hope SB puts it to bed one way or another, but we don't want another big Ron fiasco. 

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

As you mention, to lose Bruce would make a massive dent on progress we have made since he's come in and the pre season work he's been carrying out with the players.

Not only do we lose Bruce but his team of experienced staff and no doubt the new sports science guy too. It would be a massive blow, I don't think 5million is worth the cost of him leaving at such a critical time at the start of the season. 

If Chansiri really has money to invest that he's not allowed to and we've already managed to sort FFP then £5m means very little at all in terms of how we can.operate moving forwards.

Not read the entire thread but seems an awful lot of smoke to not have any fire.... that said I’d be delighted if Bruce is still in charge this season but if he isn’t there are more than a few silver linings; 

- Before Carlos was rebranded Coco the Clown he was drawing plaudits and attention from premier clubs. Like with player sales hindsight’s wonderful and selling when players or coaches are hot is better than paying them off a season or two later. 

- Id rather lose Bruce for 5m than Bannan. 

- His work at tail end of last season and preseason should help lay decent foundations for anyone coming in.

- We may need one more shoestring season before financially rebalanced and Bruce be available again in a year if he wants to come back in when we’ve reset the books. 

5m if true, would that include his entire staff?

Its more than Chelsea paid for Lampard which will annoy the Toon fans even more.  But Newcastle really need a manager by the end of the week and this has all gone wrong for them. They are desperate and will likely have to cough up.

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

I'm not shy at taking a pop but IF we have inserted a big comp fee into the contract  i want to tip my hat to DC or negotiator 

however IF Bruce has declared he wants to speak then I'm sorry he has to go we need someone who's heart is in it   

Nah everyone has the right to listen to an offer without been criticised for it.  

The thing I find most annoying is that Ashley willingly let Benitez stroll out the door with obviously no replacement lined up & was generally quite lackadaisical about the whole thing. Yet it seems that we’ll be the one scrabbling around for a new manager with the squad only half put together.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

First, apologies as my clumsy use of satire to make a point has clearly offended some.

But he was Chairman when we signed Abdi (£600,000 gross salary per game, as opposed to Colin's £400 per week) . 

It's just so annoying if we lose such a top manager.

Clumsy? Satire?

It was down right racist and you know it.

How is he still on this site after that @@owlstalk

• Thanks 1