Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

56 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Big day tomorrow. Think it will be sorted one way or another by this time tomorrow. 

Can they wait till Friday to announce he has gone ,so we can have the mother of shitestorm Friday`s 

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

After all this ,you can see tomorrow's ssn headlines 

Newcastle appoint Claudio ranieri on 3yr deal

You might be right, quick get some money on it... :ph34r:

Looks like it's not Bruce after all...

• #1598 by mighty__mag on 10 Jul, 2019 23:51
  • Is this not a wind up.

I can't understand why they would pay to release Bruce when there are plenty of managers available without any upfront fees.

I'm not sure I'm buying it. 

And Charnley's mum hasn't liked the story on her twitter, yet she did like Claudio Ranieri.
  • #1599 by LionOfGosforth on 10 Jul, 2019 23:54
  • Is this not a wind up.

I can't understand why they would pay to release Bruce when there are plenty of managers available without any upfront fees.

I'm not sure I'm buying it. 

And Charnley's mum hasn't liked the story on her twitter, yet she did like Claudio Ranieri. 

I like Ranieri a lot, think he's a great bloke and a very decent coach, wouldn't want the poor sod anywhere near this s*** show.
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

So Benitez walks,

Arteta says no

Vieira says no

Martinez says no

Allardyce says no

but Bruce says yes?

thought he'd have more sense. There's still time...save yourself Brucey. 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

I totally think this is a smokescreen and they will appoint someone who they don't have to pay compensation for.

Hope so. That's what I thought hours ago. Things have gone round in circles so much since then and Bruce had gone hundreds of times during all that time, supposedly. It's hard to say confidently either way to be honest. Despite the Toon fans not wanting Bruce, I genuinely hope he stays as he seems the perfect fit for the job here. If he left we'd be in a mess with not long till the season starts.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Ranieri or puel  my money is on 

I love Puel's accent. Best thing on MOTD. "We play ze beautiful football, so sexy"

Guest LondonOwl313

Judging from what he said when asked, I’m not sure he goes. I mean, I wouldn’t expect him to say he’s off if it’s not a done deal. But also if there was serious interest I’d have thought he might be more honest that there’s contact as he seems like that kind of bloke

But by the same token, this ‘news’ is everywhere now and usually in these cases it doesn’t get to this level of media coverage if there’s zero in it 

I don’t get why they’d go for him when there are other more fashionable managers available for probably half the cost and Ashley is selling up anyway. It won’t go down well with the fans and it won’t be the sort of appointment a club like that makes on a 3-5 year view

So all in all, it’s a bit confusing and I’m favouring him staying slightly more than going as a hunch

Edited by LondonOwl313

It feels like hes going atm but how many times have we seen it look for all money that a manager is going somewhere, only for someone no one even mentioned to all of a sudden be given the job? Loads of times.

Lets hope that happens again.

Ive got a really good feeling for bruce at swfc. I  think he is the man to take us up... if hes here!

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

The times reckon Bruce has a £5m release clause in his contract.

Ashley won’t pay that 

From the times....

Steve Bruce asked Sheffield Wednesday last night for permission to speak to Newcastle United about becoming their new manager.

Bruce asked Dejphon Chansiri, the Wednesday chairman and owner, to be allowed to discuss the vacant role at the club he supported as a boy but, as it stands, the Sky Bet Championship side are reluctant to grant him his wish.

Bruce is now Newcastle’s choice to succeed Rafa Benítez. The 58-year-old returned to management in February when he took over at Wednesday and it is understood that a compensation clause of more than £5 million was included in his contract.

1 minute ago, Owls77 said:

From the times....

Steve Bruce asked Sheffield Wednesday last night for permission to speak to Newcastle United about becoming their new manager.

Bruce asked Dejphon Chansiri, the Wednesday chairman and owner, to be allowed to discuss the vacant role at the club he supported as a boy but, as it stands, the Sky Bet Championship side are reluctant to grant him his wish.

Bruce is now Newcastle’s choice to succeed Rafa Benítez. The 58-year-old returned to management in February when he took over at Wednesday and it is understood that a compensation clause of more than £5 million was included in his contract.

Meh, dunno about that , fully expect Chansiri to be unwelcoming to the prospect , but not so sure he would refuse if Bruce has specifically asked , if a manager wants to go he invariably goes 

If someone wants to leave...there's no point in making them stay.  If your heart and mind isn't in it, then you've got to go. 

We just need to make as much cash out of it as possible.  I bet DC has had enough of football to be honest..its a tough gig. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rogers said:

If someone wants to leave...there's no point in making them stay.  If your heart and mind isn't in it, then you've got to go. 

Just packed my missus up on the strenghthb of that.

If I feel bad tomorrow I will never, ever forgive you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

If it is in fact £5m in compensation then DC would be foolish to stop him given our situation with FFP.

Although having said that I highly doubt Ashley would stump up the cash. He could bring in someone else that would wind the fans up just as much, for far less.

Edited by evaD