new signings

1 minute ago, bhaigh107 said:

What happens with the "new" signings if the transfer embargo does not get lifted would they then become free agents and look elsewhere

Pretty sure they are signed, regardless of what we have or haven't said publicly.

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

We give them other jobs around the place,  working the till, washing kits, sweeping up etc until the embargo is lifted.

Russian clubs used to give players fake jobs to keep within the rules. That's why players who played for Dynamo Kiev, Moscow and Minsk were in so much trouble when the Germans invaded as the players were registered as NKVD secret police officers.

Lokomotiv were railway workers (club is still owned by Russian railways) I think CSKA was the army team might be wrong on that.  

I dont really have a point with this post just fancied having an Abe Simpson ramble.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Russian clubs used to give players fake jobs to keep within the rules. That's why players who played for Dynamo Kiev, Moscow and Minsk were in so much trouble when the Germans invaded as the players were registered as NKVD secret police officers.

Lokomotiv were railway workers (club is still owned by Russian railways) I think CSKA was the army team might be wrong on that.  

I dont really have a point with this post just fancied having an Abe Simpson ramble.

Everydays a school day.

3 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

Yep your correct CSKA was the army team

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bhaigh107 said:

What happens with the "new" signings if the transfer embargo does not get lifted would they then become free agents and look elsewhere

We play them as "Trialists " :Sid:

6 hours ago, bhaigh107 said:

They'd learn an important lesson in life...not to be such silly boys in future.  :unsure:

i would assume it is a case of we cannot register them yet. if that's the case as the season approaches, then i would think the players would request to be released from their contract in order to be able to continue their career elsewhere. should we say no, i reckon they would have a good chance of winning in court. 

however, i can't see any of that happening. we must be in a better position that this time last season, just by the number of high earners we have released. we were allowed to sign onomah and hector on loan, so can't see why letting 6 go and bringing 3 in most likely on lower salaries would be an issue. it should show the efl we are getting our house in order.

Guest Manwithastick
6 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Everydays a school day.

Saturday and Sunday aren't.