Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Animis said:

 

Yes - you may be right. However, I doubt DC has the personal wealth to keep funding these initiatives so I suspect someone else will be 'assisting' in the funds.

 

 

 

Should add here that, if Chansiri himself was to "buy" the ground, it would be highly unlikely that any extra money would change hands. The club already owe Chansiri more than the inflated value of the ground in Directors' Loans. Whatever the value of the ground is set at, it will simply reduce the loans by an equivalent amount. It would, however, appear in the accounts as a trading profit thus wiping out the accumulated three year losses for the purposes of P & S (FFP). That would obviously mean that no additional funds would be available to buy players although it would create considerably more room for wheeling and dealing. The additional share issue could be used to raise revenue.

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, briggowl said:

I'm sure we'll look back at the DC reign and wonder what the heck was going on, scratching our heads at many strange decisions and schemes with lots of periods of silence leaving the fans and media to unhelpfully conjecture what's happening, filling us all with worry and occasional panic. Let's hope it's not filled with too many wasted opportunities, as I feel it is becoming!

Just Man-up will you........Jeez

  • Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Problem with rule based institutions is nothing can get done quickly.

 

Nobody feels they can make a decision.

 

It's not like there is a bloke at the other end saying "ok mate got the email, all seems legit, go ahead and spend spend spend"

 

Beurocracy is like wading through treacle.

 

 

I dont know. Other clubs seem to be fairing ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

 

Don't mind the silence. He always seems to put his foot in it when he speaks.

 

Happy for him to back Brucie, and get on with the job in hand.

Like backing him with embargos whilst he fudges paperwork

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is part of the new kit.

 

Its to put over the players heads so nobody knows that we’ve signed new ones.

 

Crafty.

C0E430DA-A89B-4B4D-8C0B-6A7DED87EAD4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Please move to boardroom section 

Should bloody close down the boardroom section and just have it on the main forum.

 

Our financials are much more of interest to most fans than threads about Bargain Hunt, Pointless and Four in a Bed.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Animis said:

 

Yes - you may be right. However, I doubt DC has the personal wealth to keep funding these initiatives so I suspect someone else will be 'assisting' in the funds.

 

In terms of signings, the odd situation as many have said, is the fact players have clearly signed and are openly training with the club, yet nobody has been announced. I suppose we can deal with this if there's a bigger plan and reasons, which I think there are. I think things will happen quickly and simultaneously once the EFL have agreed the 'plan', if they already haven't.

 

We could all end up pleasantly surprised and pleased come 3rd August.

 

 

You've even got club staff openly talking about them being signed.

 

Bullen actually mocked someone on Twitter the other day for asking why his their initiation video had been released when they hadn't officially signed.

 

Can hardly blame the fans for being confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Should bloody close down the boardroom section and just have it on the main forum.

 

Our financials are much more of interest to most fans than threads about Bargain Hunt, Pointless and Four in a Bed.

 

Very well said!!!

 

 

Edited by torres
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scilly owl said:

What is your view on the ( soft ) embargo?

 

 

What "soft embargo"? The one from January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read on Twitter (the most reliable of sources), that we will have money to spend.

 

Someone's heard a whisper!

 

From that lad who used to post on here (dunno if he still does?) and runs Owlsonline... I think, used to anyway. Not been on there for years.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RigBon said:

 

What "soft embargo"? The one from January?

 

1 hour ago, RigBon said:

 

What "soft embargo"? The one from January?

Clearly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's the only one that has been confirmed by either the club or the EFL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 06/07/2019 at 14:57, ChinaOwl said:

 

Should add here that, if Chansiri himself was to "buy" the ground, it would be highly unlikely that any extra money would change hands. The club already owe Chansiri more than the inflated value of the ground in Directors' Loans. Whatever the value of the ground is set at, it will simply reduce the loans by an equivalent amount. It would, however, appear in the accounts as a trading profit thus wiping out the accumulated three year losses for the purposes of P & S (FFP). That would obviously mean that no additional funds would be available to buy players although it would create considerably more room for wheeling and dealing. The additional share issue could be used to raise revenue.

A public share issue would also be good so fans could buy into club and help fund team.

 

But must be voting shares with good incentives discounts on ticket sales and merchandise. 

 

Also,  would love to see Surveyor's stadium valuation for this recent transaction.

 

For OP, not sure how mild this soft embargo is given you can't sign new players and pay them more than £600, 000 per annum.

 

That's why we are shopping in German second division (aka Aldi).  

Edited by fred mciver
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucket needs to be striped tho...

Image result for blue and white striped bucket

..... waits for someone to say wrong blue, stripes too wide, stripe needs to be in middle, boy am I ready for some football.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

A public share issue would also be good so fans could buy into club and help fund team.

 

But must be voting shares with good incentives discounts on ticket sales and merchandise. 

 

 

 

I think that is last thing the club needs but hey ho, everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint. Shareholder AGM's are a dangerous thing among a fan base who can't agree on whether it's a sunny day or not. Let the decision makers ultimately decide and live or die by it. Share issues in the past did far more harm than good.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

I think that is last thing the club needs but hey ho, everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint. Shareholder AGM's are a dangerous thing among a fan base who can't agree on whether it's a sunny day or not. Let the decision makers ultimately decide and live or die by it. Share issues in the past did far more harm than good.

Not sure about that, mate.

 

I bought B shares late 70's when we were bottom of old 3rd Division.

 

This was a springboard for Big Jack, buying Curran, promotion to 2nd, then first with Wilko then eventually 3 cup finals, first trophy for yonks and Europe. 

 

And Chansiri only ditched Jos after a hostile public forum.

 

Plus , where's a dictatorship got us? Owner selling club's home - after 100 years - to bypass fiscal prudence to pay off his loans to a club he bought debt -free so we can buy players from German Div 2?

 

Edited by fred mciver
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Not sure about that, mate.

 

I bought B shares late 70's when we were bottom of old 3rd Division.

 

This was a springboard for Big Jack, buying Curran, promotion to 2nd, then first with Wilko then eventually 3 cup finals, first trophy for yonks and Europe. 

 

And Chansiri only ditched Jos after a hostile public forum.

 

Plus , where's a dictatorship got us? Owner selling club's home - after 100 years - to bypass fiscal prudence to pay off his loans to a club he bought debt -free so we can buy players from German Div 2?

 

 

The problem is that investors whether it is Chansiri or someone else, will not put money into a club where fans can effectively veto any decision that they make. Fans shout that they want more money putting into the club but want the power to make decisions as well. None of that means we shouldn't have an opinion or viewpoint but there are other ways and means to do that. The negative aspect of fan share issues is it causes a rift between the decision makers and the shareholders over a diverse range of issues. That causes fall out along with divide and conquer tactics such as those employed by Allen and his cronies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

The problem is that investors whether it is Chansiri or someone else, will not put money into a club where fans can effectively veto any decision that they make. Fans shout that they want more money putting into the club but want the power to make decisions as well. None of that means we shouldn't have an opinion or viewpoint but there are other ways and means to do that. The negative aspect of fan share issues is it causes a rift between the decision makers and the shareholders over a diverse range of issues. That causes fall out along with divide and conquer tactics such as those employed by Allen and his cronies.

Good point but not suggesting John Lewis model, only a minority offering, way below 50% veto level etc.

 

And Doyen and advisors are informing decisions without any investment, indeed taking big bunce from all of us.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Good point but not suggesting John Lewis model, only a minority offering, way below 50% veto level etc.

 

And Doyen and advisors are informing decisions without any investment, indeed taking big bunce from all of us.   

 

vis-a-vis Doyen and the leeches, crooks and scumbags associated with them, I fully agree with you about. They perform no useful function at the club that sound, proper football people couldn't do to a far higher standard. And ultimately cost the club far more as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All quiet. Looks as if the Wednesday press office claims a few weeks ago were nonsense. Why Chansiri prefers a soft embargo to sending in the accounts is beyond me. He’s coming across as either silly or stubborn (or both) as it’s making SB’s job harder.  Just had this tweet from Kieran Maguire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...