On 06/07/2019 at 22:37, malek said:

Bloody statistics. Did anyone on here actually watched him play ? 

He is highly talented player that might fit in here, or not. Taking chance on him on free transfer makes sense, and if he agreed to come on trial speaks a lot of how much he wants to sign with us.

He is a player, but one who needs right manager to get the best out of him.

Excellent first touch, ball control and passing skill, but he is built of paper and wont score any goals.

Calculated gamble, but one worth beting on if he would sign on resonable wages.

Watching him he isn't the tough tackling box to box midfielder we need imo,looks very lightweight,Diame would suit us alot better

3 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

Diame would suit us alot better

And only cost us £100k per week.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

8 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

same as rhodes then

Bruce gets the best out of players so imagine if he can get Mceachren to recreate the form of his early Chelsea days.  We’d have a very good player for free 

39 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Bruce gets the best out of players so imagine if he can get Mceachren to recreate the form of his early Chelsea days.  We’d have a very good player for free 

maybe but dean smith gets the best out of players and  he couldn't get mceachran firing ….. bruce is a good  manager at our level but he as to have the tools to do the job and signing players who's best days were 3 or 4  years in the past isn't usually a recipe for success .obviously if that's the only kind of player he /we can afford/allowed to sign then lets hope he can pull a few rabbits out the hat to make us competitive  but he'll certainly earn his million quid a year if he does..  

CM is definitely an area that we need to strengthen because as it stands Bannan is the only one that we can rely on. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, torryowl said:

maybe but dean smith gets the best out of players and  he couldn't get mceachran firing ….. bruce is a good  manager at our level but he as to have the tools to do the job and signing players who's best days were 3 or 4  years in the past isn't usually a recipe for success .obviously if that's the only kind of player he /we can afford/allowed to sign then lets hope he can pull a few rabbits out the hat to make us competitive  but he'll certainly earn his million quid a year if he does..  

Yet he kept picking him to play, so he must have been happy with the way he was playing.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

Frank made  a statement last February about  him not wanting "****heads" in the team. He dropped him from the squad in April. Make of that what you will.

Probably as he wouldn’t sign a new contract 

45 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Yet he kept picking him to play, so he must have been happy with the way he was playing.

57 starts in 4 years doesn't sound like a regular to me …..

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

FWIW Brentford fans really don't rate him:

image.thumb.png.f2d4425d912b02791864ce55947fe8da.pngimage.thumb.png.9d63c3a0c35d56f5000e86ae16e18199.pngimage.thumb.png.5cc074fd18a0e0e98973a135ecbd7caf.pngimage.png.7d64f2ce3586a31e3502a1944becc84c.png

And yes we know Leeds fans didn't rate Lees and Hull fans didn't rate Hector yadayada but it's a bit worrying, but let's see what happens, Bruce will know the score.

Edited by uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁

On 07/07/2019 at 18:14, trask43 said:

Not for me its a shame for the lad but seems like the typical player who was exceptional at youth level and constantly told he was destined for great things but never really coped with the demands of the mens game, We have had plenty of midfielders over the years who dont effect the game enough being tidy in possession is not enough.

Its also difficult to see what his positive attributes are, do we really need a midfielder whos failed at a mid table championship side, cant defend, never scores and struggles to create. would rather we saved a wage and gave one of our own youngsters the chance to step up on the occasions that bannan and lee are out.

I'd maybe like to see the lad Jack Lee given a go as cover for hutch. 

Jos had him around the bench a few times last season and gave him a few minutes on the pitch. 

Penney played well at first before being messed about and Preston didn't really do too much wrong.

Kirby struggled, but with the right manager bringing him on at the right time in the right games may prove hopefully more useful than Joey, but they need a chance to learn. 

Disheartening comments from Brentford fans for sure, but we heard similar stories from Hull fans before Hector joined and he turned out to be okay. Maybe playing for a bigger club again & Bruce will inspire Josh to raise his intensity levels. 

he’s only on trial anyway, so im sure Bruce will let him go elsewhere if he’s not up to the standard we need to be top 6

Not just this thread, but I cant understand why Bruce isn't managing England 

He can turn water in to wine apparently 

In Bruce we trust 

If it's good enough for Bruce 

I'll trust Bruce's judgement 

Bruce will have seen a player in there 

He a decent manager not a miracle worker 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

In Bruce we trust 

I’m not one of the people you mention but I would say his record shows him to be more than just a decent manager?

16 minutes ago, the monk said:

In Bruce we trust 

I think it's because he is so unlike what we have had in the immediate past.

i.e competent 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

It's a no lose situation, he has pedigree, may have lost his way but still has good Championship experience. Maybe Odubajo recommended him and doesnt hurt to have a look at in training. We are short in midfield 

• Agree 1

Wait and see what happens. We don't even know what the plan is for McEachran. Bruce was clear it isn't a trial, but he's not been added the list of Börner, Odubajo, and Harris having deals agreed. It could be that he's taking a look at us to see how he'd feel about joining Wednesday, or we might be trying to keep him available in case a preferred option doesn't happen. At least while McEachran is training with us, he's not signing elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, whatdial said:

Probably as he wouldn’t sign a new contract 

Is that correct, or wasn't he offered one? It makes a huge difference to the trial situation.

According to Leeds and Hull fans, Lees and Hector were the shittest defenders they'd ever seen.

If that doesn't make you take opposing fans opinions with a pinch of salt then nothing will.

2 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

And yes we know Leeds fans didn't rate Lees and Hull fans didn't rate Hector yadayada but it's a bit worrying, but let's see what happens, Bruce will know the score.

Charlton fans also didn't rate Fox and look how that turned out.

All said it's best to have JM on trial where he can be assessed re fitness, attitude and skill.