Blimey, imagine the scenes if it was us looking at Ravel Morrison?

I’d be happy with McEachran tbh. We still need others but I’m sure we’re getting there.

• Haha 1

One worrying thing is Brentford fans considered he didn't have the work ethic or attitude that a lot of the players have. 

12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Brentford fans were over the moon when he left.

Brentford fans were happy when Egan and O’Connell left them. They’ve both done alright over the other side of the city.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Always reminded me of Paul Corry when he plays 

Oooh, can’t wait lol 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jamese said:

Brentford fans were happy when Egan and O’Connell left them. They’ve both done alright over the other side of the city.

Surprised they were with Egan, considering they sold him for 4 million.

5 hours ago, Bigger Guns said:

I’m assuming the bottom axis is yards/meters? He sits at 22 yards/meters on the axis which is probably about the distance from the centre circle to the wing. 

To get those sort of figures you would need to be doing cross field balls. This is an average so has *** much longer than that. Look at Bannan figures he hit many long balls this year as our tactics changed and his average less than this guy. It has surprised me but when you look at info around him he his a long ball player and not as described by Brentford fans.

I checked out his stats elsewhere and he his regarded as long ball player. For example if you look on who scored he is regarded as long ball player and likes to shoot from distance, likes to lift ball off ground and enjoys a tackle. In reality those who have commented on him have got it wrong. 

• Agree 2

A midfield 3 of Bannan, Hutchinson, and Mceachran could work well against teams that are going to sit back against us. Allows Bannan to get around the edge of the box. 

Last season his shooting improved decently, and he's always been good sliding balls through to the forwards when he gets high up the pitch, just doesn't get up there often enough.

5 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

One worrying thing is Brentford fans considered he didn't have the work ethic or attitude that a lot of the players have. 

If so, he would have fitted in perfectly with our last two managers, but I don't think with this one.

May know hutch from thier Chelsea days. 

We needed a ball winning midfielder that's an upgrade on Joey. 

I used to rate him a couple of seasons ago and used to look quite good for brentford. 

Let's see, for me may not be a bad signing if true. 

• Agree 1

Seems a decent idea to give him a trial.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Bruce felt he could add to the squad..

Not sure what people are expecting tbh...we don't have any money.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fingyfop said:

A midfield 3 of Bannan, Hutchinson, and Mceachran could work well against teams that are going to sit back against us. Allows Bannan to get around the edge of the box. 

Last season his shooting improved decently, and he's always been good sliding balls through to the forwards when he gets high up the pitch, just doesn't get up there often enough.

Agreed. Currently EVERYTHING goes through Bannan, with the addition of McEachran & some pace out wide we may be a little less predictable.

• Agree 4

57 minutes ago, trev said:

Seems a decent idea to give him a trial.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Bruce felt he could add to the squad..

Not sure what people are expecting tbh...we don't have any money.

We do; we're just not allowed to spend it.

It's the most Wednesday situation imaginable after two decades of being genuinely skint.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5

Im willing to give the kid a chance. I wasnt overly chuffed with the bannan signing originally. Its not like he had made an impact anywhere else. 

Hes probably been at his best since hes been here. 

Sometimes players just fit a club, you just dont know till you give them a go. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Im willing to give the kid a chance. I wasnt overly chuffed with the bannan signing originally. Its not like he had made an impact anywhere else. 

Sign him up Bruce, Bob has given it the thumbs up 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, torres said:

Sign him up Bruce, Bob has given it the thumbs up 

Wouldnt go that far, give him chance, kid might fit here, if not, nothing lost. 

Youve gotta remember the market weve been forced to Shop in. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Correct. Lots thought we didn’t need Bannan if I remember correctly. Some players are made for a club. Who is to say Josh can’t do the same.

Edited by Jonboy27
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

This ^

There's no harm in looking at players like this. See what he can do, if he impresses and earns himself a contract, it's a win and if he doesn't and he goes elsewhere, then it's no loss. He might fit in and suit us more than he did at other clubs. Hector didn't pull up any trees before he came here on loan. Yet, he fitted and suited us so well, unlike his numerous other loan moves. I'd trust Bruce, it's difficult the market we're in and with the soft embargo but with his contacts, knowledge and experience, there's no-one better suited for the job at this level.

• Agree 3

Abdi replacement- always injured no thanks

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rob1601 said:

Abdi replacement- always injured no thanks

Maybe they brought him down to Portugal to trial the new physio we’re bringing in? 

McEachran was starting every game under Dean Smith, and Brentford were doing very well until Smith left for Villa. 

• Agree 1