New GREEN away kit

10 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I don't know whether southampton 'backed off' and neither do you.

for a top class side as united were then, not to function 100% correctly would leave them open to being brought down by lower sides. so united not functioning correctly could easily have a numerous goal swing. what you have conveniently overlooked is that in the second half united would have to attack more, and thus leave gaps at the back, strange that southampton didn't take advantage of that before 'backing off'.

undoubtedly united did have a bad day on both occasions, BUT on one of those occasions they identified the strip as a contributing factor, that added to the fact they had lost 3 and drawn 1 in 4 (clear relegation form) they chose to bin the strip.

but as this was 'originally' about my feeling the strip might be harder to detect on the field of play, I note your reluctance to comment upon l**ds players complaining that their change of strip at bolton caused them problems under floodlighting. 

I haven't seen that match. I have seen the Southampton v Man Utd match though, therefore I feel reasonably qualified to give an opinion on what I saw.

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

I haven't seen that match. I have seen the Southampton v Man Utd match though, therefore I feel reasonably qualified to give an opinion on what I saw.

I can understand that, you saw the entire match, or highlights?

btw, I asked for your input on the l**ds players 'complaints', NOT your view of that match.

13 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I can understand that, you saw the entire match, or highlights?

btw, I asked for your input on the l**ds players 'complaints', NOT your view of that match.

Maybe they were excuses for poor performance, maybe they weren’t. I know nothing of that game, hence my ‘reluctance’ to comment. Given that I was talking about one specific famous game, where virtually everyone aside from Man Utd supporters themselves (and yourself, obviously) found Ferguson’s excuse absolutely ludicrous (including some of the United players themselves, I believe), I didn’t feel I needed knowledge of a separate match with different teams wearing different colours under different conditions.

4 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Maybe they were excuses for poor performance, maybe they weren’t. I know nothing of that game, hence my ‘reluctance’ to comment. Given that I was talking about one specific famous game, where virtually everyone aside from Man Utd supporters themselves (and yourself, obviously) found Ferguson’s excuse absolutely ludicrous (including some of the United players themselves, I believe), I didn’t feel I needed knowledge of a separate match with different teams wearing different colours under different conditions.

I didn't ask you to have 'knowledge' of a different match. 

I asked for your thoughts on the l**ds players complaining of visibility issues under floodlighting with a green and blue strip, this being the 'base' for our conversations, ie. the 'suitability of such a strip' in terms of 'visibility'.

also I can't quite see where you've answered my question of 'did you see the full saints v. man. u. game, OR highlights?'.

On 11/07/2019 at 09:10, dorian gray said:

what, more successful?

Yeah because they are tearing football apart aren't they . Everyone in world football still fears the mighty l@@@s playing them after half a dozen good years out of over a century of football . You're right wish we were l@@@s . 

10 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Yeah because they are tearing football apart aren't they . Everyone in world football still fears the mighty l@@@s playing them after half a dozen good years out of over a century of football . You're right wish we were l@@@s . 

On 10/07/2019 at 18:40, dorian gray said:

what winning, I think wednesday supporters from back in the seventies would have settled for half their win rate.

answer what I put to you (it's above) not what you could make up, so you could answer it.

a great many wednesday fans from the absolute sh*thole of the 1970's decade would have settled for half the win rate of l**ds, as we fell from one division to the next, and came a nats off tumbling into the 4th.

NOW answer that, and NOT something else you can turn it into.

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

answer what I put to you (it's above) not what you could make up, so you could answer it.

a great many wednesday fans from the absolute sh*thole of the 1970's decade would have settled for half the win rate of l**ds, as we fell from one division to the next, and came a nats off tumbling into the 4th.

NOW answer that, and NOT something else you can turn it into.

Ok wouldn't swap absolutely any history whatsoever wins or anything else from that toilet of a club . Couldn't care less about their win rate . If we had their win rate the boxing day massacre would never have happened because we wouldnt have been there to play them . Also it would have altered our history completely . We could have ended up being man citeh but we could also have ended up being Portsmouth . I am happy with our win rate then and wouldn't swap it for the seventies rate of l###s or anything else . It is what makes us what we are . 

16 hours ago, cross owl said:

Ok wouldn't swap absolutely any history whatsoever wins or anything else from that toilet of a club . Couldn't care less about their win rate . If we had their win rate the boxing day massacre would never have happened because we wouldnt have been there to play them . Also it would have altered our history completely . We could have ended up being man citeh but we could also have ended up being Portsmouth . I am happy with our win rate then and wouldn't swap it for the seventies rate of l###s or anything else . It is what makes us what we are . 

it's true that it 'makes up what we are' in financial trouble again/still, faced with losing our best manager for quite some time, a much, much smaller club that we were when I started watching us.

thinking back to those 1970's games, defeat after defeat, save our owls, when we went away you only went for the crack as a win was such a rarity (twice a season if we were lucky) watching sides like sunderland, oxford and swindon enjoying coming to hillsborough year after year as it was their 'happy hunting ground'.

NAH! that utter shithole of a decade was a complete disaster, as for 'the massacre, it may well have happened sooner had we been high enough to be in the same division as the pigs on any occasion.

yep! it sure does make us what we are, in quite a bit of trouble again.

I saw a table once, it gave the combined standing of all 92 clubs in the FL as to their win rate over a number of successive seasons, all I can say is thank god for southport.

Edited by dorian gray
e

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Club shop still jam packed with last seasons kits. 

Bruce hasn't torn them all up then? :duntmatter:

On 05/07/2019 at 11:15, DeeJayOne said:

Supposedly leaked online:

E1E174AB-D9AC-4055-AB99-8326CDFCCBA8.jpeg

Dont think it is too bad myself. Would have been an awesome ‘Keeper’s kit.

Cant wait for the comments saying it it too green and will ‘blend in with the pitch’... 

poor photoshopping

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, superowls23 said:

Love how the 8 is on a crease but isn't creased yet nobody has picked up on it. Spacing between looks off too. 

At that size/resolution I can't see anything that looks particularly wrong myself. The Elev8 logo follows the material correctly in my opinion, given that the material has far less strength than the heavier and (presumably) rubberised logo. If it has been photoshopped, it's been done very well. I'd like to see a higher resolution version to be sure though.

41 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

At that size/resolution I can't see anything that looks particularly wrong myself. The Elev8 logo follows the material correctly in my opinion, given that the material has far less strength than the heavier and (presumably) rubberised logo. If it has been photoshopped, it's been done very well. I'd like to see a higher resolution version to be sure though.

You're kidding right? I can see the pixels and everything. :ph34r:

• Haha 1