New GREEN away kit

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Are we having a grey away kit?  What's that green shirt in the OP?

Apparently the players won't be able to see each other if the kit is green. Or grey. But if it's red everything will be fine, so we're all hoping for a red kit next season...

WTF:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Apparently the players won't be able to see each other if the kit is green. Or grey. But if it's red everything will be fine, so we're all hoping for a red kit next season...

WTF:

I wouldn't mind a red away kit for a change.

8 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

What I actually said was "...there's no physical way that the grey kits could only affect his team and not the opposition equally."

If Manchester United players couldn't see their grey kits then the Southampton players wouldn't have been able to see them either. This is the most important point, and you still can't seem to understand it. Are you going to try to argue that Manchester United players had different kinds of eyes to the Southampton players? It should've far easier for United players to intercept Southampton's passes, for example, because the Southampton players wouldn't have been able to see them so clearly. But that didn't happen. Southampton just played better that day.

When England played Germany in the Semi-final of Euro '96, they played pretty well and held them to a draw (obviously excepting the shoot-out). England wore grey, yet somehow they miraculously seemed to be able to see each other and pick each other out with few problems. Similarly, Real Madrid's grey away kit didn't seem to hamper them too much in the 2015-16 season when they won the majority of their away games and saw them finish second by only one point from Barcelona.

let me explain to you in greater detail.

manchester united (at that time, and still are) a better team than southampton.

season on season, year on year, decade on decade, that is a fact.

what made and makes them better is their on filed success, win rate, and trophies won.

now whatever it takes to move man u' from also rans, to winners was achieved under fergusson (likely better than any other united manager).

whatever it takes, drive, enthusiasm, good closing down, good tactics, quality defenders, prolific forwards, a severe belief and cutting edge. NOW whatever it takes to produce this in a group of individuals to form a top quality team, is just what it takes.

fergusson will know this far better than you or I.

therefore if united are not seeing their counterparts as easily as they are used to their passing game could be going astray, instead of looking up and quickly playing a certain ball, they may have dwelt upon it allowing a tackle to come in, so when his (consistently best side in the division at that time) are having a problem at half time, and he alters it, and matters improve, then the proof is in the pudding.

man u. changed strips and outscored southampton in the second half.

they wore the strip a total of 5 times to my knowledge, they lost 4 and drew one, not the form of champions.

in 1995 l**ds players struggled against bolton when wearing a green and blue 'away' strip, the players complained they were struggling to see each other under floodlighting.

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

What I actually said was "...there's no physical way that the grey kits could only affect his team and not the opposition equally."

If Manchester United players couldn't see their grey kits then the Southampton players wouldn't have been able to see them either. This is the most important point, and you still can't seem to understand it. Are you going to try to argue that Manchester United players had different kinds of eyes to the Southampton players? It should've far easier for United players to intercept Southampton's passes, for example, because the Southampton players wouldn't have been able to see them so clearly. But that didn't happen. Southampton just played better that day.

When England played Germany in the Semi-final of Euro '96, they played pretty well and held them to a draw (obviously excepting the shoot-out). England wore grey, yet somehow they miraculously seemed to be able to see each other and pick each other out with few problems. Similarly, Real Madrid's grey away kit didn't seem to hamper them too much in the 2015-16 season when they won the majority of their away games and saw them finish second by only one point from Barcelona.

what made and makes them better is their on filed success, win rate, and trophies won.

now whatever it takes to move man u' from also rans, to winners was achieved under fergusson (likely better than any other united manager).

whatever it takes, drive, enthusiasm, good closing down, good tactics, quality defenders, prolific forwards, a severe belief and cutting edge. NOW whatever it takes to produce this in a group of individuals to form a top quality team, is just what it takes.

therefore if united are not seeing their counterparts as easily as they are used to their passing game could be going astray, instead of looking up and quickly playing a certain ball, they may have dwelt upon it allowing a tackle to come in, so when his (consistently best side in the division at that time) are having a problem at half time, and he alters it, and matters improve, then the proof is in the pudding.

they wore the strip a total of 5 times to my knowledge, they lost 4 and drew one, not the form of champions.

in 1995 l**ds players struggled against bolton when wearing a green and blue 'away' strip, the players complained they were struggling to see each other under floodlighting.

2 hours ago, dorian gray said:

they would, you said they had the officials in their pockets.

as for the rest of your post how naïve can you get? 'far better managers who didn't want to play like hooligans' what a childish summary. 'WE NOT BOTHERED ABOUT WINNING, WE LIKE TO PLAY FAIR'  I was sick of hearing it from managers and players on match of the day.  :tango:

Childish summary not wanting to have the background of pretty much the most derided team in britain who we have a go at for their awful way of playing in the seventies . 

5 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Childish summary not wanting to have the background of pretty much the most derided team in britain who we have a go at for their awful way of playing in the seventies . 

what winning, I think wednesday supporters from back in the seventies would have settled for half their win rate.

11 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

what winning, I think wednesday supporters from back in the seventies would have settled for half their win rate.

Well I for one being around in the seventies am glad we are nothing like that stain of a club . 

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

Nothing to do with Southampton backing off then. United finally scored in the last minute when the points were already safe for Southampton. This incredible team of superstars, even when wearing a non-grey kit, struggled to get anything other than a late consolation against a team battling relegation.

Amazing how that grey kit was worth a three-goal swing in favour of Southampton, but when changed it was only worth a one-goal swing back to the otherwise invincible United.

Can you also explain how the Manchester United team that didn’t wear grey at Southampton just a few months later got crushed 6-3? Presumably they couldn’t see each other in the same blue-and-white kit that just a few months earlier was the “proof in the pudding”.

You may like to explain in greater detail all you like, but the simple fact is that United had a very bad day, and the manager used an excuse in a desperate attempt to deflect the blame away from himself and his players.

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

Interestingly, the new video suggests BLACK stripes instead of white. Inter Milan-style.

What would people think of that?

(I'm very clearly grasping at straws here, but the video does seem to suggest it in a couple of places).

I wondered about that too. Wouldn’t mind it myself, as long as it’s only for short term.

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Interestingly, the new video suggests BLACK stripes instead of white. Inter Milan-style.

(I'm very clearly grasping at straws here, but the video does seem to suggest it in a couple of places).

Always loved inter milans kit. I'm in

19 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

3 thick white stripes, 2 thin blue ones maybe? 

Screenshot_20190710_204126_com.android.chrome.jpg

13 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Nothing to do with Southampton backing off then. United finally scored in the last minute when the points were already safe for Southampton. This incredible team of superstars, even when wearing a non-grey kit, struggled to get anything other than a late consolation against a team battling relegation.

Amazing how that grey kit was worth a three-goal swing in favour of Southampton, but when changed it was only worth a one-goal swing back to the otherwise invincible United.

Can you also explain how the Manchester United team that didn’t wear grey at Southampton just a few months later got crushed 6-3? Presumably they couldn’t see each other in the same blue-and-white kit that just a few months earlier was the “proof in the pudding”.

You may like to explain in greater detail all you like, but the simple fact is that United had a very bad day, and the manager used an excuse in a desperate attempt to deflect the blame away from himself and his players.

I don't know whether southampton 'backed off' and neither do you.

for a top class side as united were then, not to function 100% correctly would leave them open to being brought down by lower sides. so united not functioning correctly could easily have a numerous goal swing. what you have conveniently overlooked is that in the second half united would have to attack more, and thus leave gaps at the back, strange that southampton didn't take advantage of that before 'backing off'.

undoubtedly united did have a bad day on both occasions, BUT on one of those occasions they identified the strip as a contributing factor, that added to the fact they had lost 3 and drawn 1 in 4 (clear relegation form) they chose to bin the strip.

but as this was 'originally' about my feeling the strip might be harder to detect on the field of play, I note your reluctance to comment upon l**ds players complaining that their change of strip at bolton caused them problems under floodlighting.