New GREEN away kit

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

As usual, many consider themselves the sole arbiter of the club's identity with all sorts of spurious reasoning for their disproportionate degrees of outrage. 

For example, comparisons with other teams would rule out several dozen possibilities at a stroke. Green? That's Plymouth and Ireland. Orange? Blackpool and Netherlands. Purple? Northampton or Hearts. White? Ugh; Leeds. Red? Obviously can't have that. Solid blue? Ipswich and Everton. Lighter blue? Huddersfield. Darker blue? West Brom. Other variations of stripes get derided as Wigan, Colchester or Brighton. So that opens the door for more original options which then gives us another excuse to have a freak out.

After the colour is out of the way we can then move onto whether we like the shape of the collar, the fabric, the sponsor, the size/fitting, the price, the release date, marketing strategy, the manufacturer, how it's displayed in the superstore...

And I'm not sure how all this fits in with those who insist that replica shirts are just for children anyway and not worth getting upset about in the first place. Seems like some people just can't help themselves and either are addicted to complaining about everything the club does or doesn't do or indulge in it because they think it makes them edgy or trendy. Never mind though, it will hopefully only be a few days before you can complain all over again about the new home shirt.

Personally, I think this new shirt isn't too bad and I'm glad they've tried a different colour rather than the black we've had a lot of recently.

A bit of sanity at last!!

• Thanks 1

Is it definitely the away kit? And definitely not just a training top or polo shirt or something? :ph34r:

The colour isn't bad. We've had many different away or third colours and designs, that shouldn't be an issue, it's not as important as the home kit, is it? To be honest I just don't like the pattern at the bottom of the shirt but that's just my opinion. I personally prefer more simpler retro designs than modern ones but loved many of the 80s and 90s home and away kits. However, I much prefer it with the retro video games iconography and preferred it when the thread was full of those designs... :Sid:

Edited by The Night-Owl

On 06/07/2019 at 11:06, DJMortimer said:

As usual, many consider themselves the sole arbiter of the club's identity with all sorts of spurious reasoning for their disproportionate degrees of outrage. 

For example, comparisons with other teams would rule out several dozen possibilities at a stroke. Green? That's Plymouth and Ireland. Orange? Blackpool and Netherlands. Purple? Northampton or Hearts. White? Ugh; Leeds. Red? Obviously can't have that. Solid blue? Ipswich and Everton. Lighter blue? Huddersfield. Darker blue? West Brom. Other variations of stripes get derided as Wigan, Colchester or Brighton. So that opens the door for more original options which then gives us another excuse to have a freak out.

After the colour is out of the way we can then move onto whether we like the shape of the collar, the fabric, the sponsor, the size/fitting, the price, the release date, marketing strategy, the manufacturer, how it's displayed in the superstore...

And I'm not sure how all this fits in with those who insist that replica shirts are just for children anyway and not worth getting upset about in the first place. Seems like some people just can't help themselves and either are addicted to complaining about everything the club does or doesn't do or indulge in it because they think it makes them edgy or trendy. Never mind though, it will hopefully only be a few days before you can complain all over again about the new home shirt.

Personally, I think this new shirt isn't too bad and I'm glad they've tried a different colour rather than the black we've had a lot of recently.

Can't have positivity round here...people would freak out.

A little bit of snidey p@sstaking is comforting. Can't be too happy or you'll look like a giddy kid.

On 05/07/2019 at 03:19, roaminowl said:

It it (sic) too green and will 'blend in with the pitch'.

Sneaky promotion tactic. Camouflage for away games so opposition can't see us!

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

Our club is great.

Send tweets with 2 teaser videos, and then we get radio silence :laugh:

I reckon Chansiri has seen the less than warm reception it's received and has demanded a new design.

Agreed. We do things with good intentions but the delivery is just so amateur

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Thanks for that bit of research the shirts on web site are simple but I'm sure many would agree it works.

I came across that team on  the Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 game. Yeah, depending on the design, it could look nice. That team, Palermo and a few others have had decent pink kits at some point. I don't mind doing something different with the away shirts. I'm more interested in what the home shirt looks like to be honest.

Edited by The Night-Owl