New GREEN away kit

From another thread...

On 01/07/2019 at 02:40, parkfieldowl14 said:

i''d rather re-sign the Invisible Man than Abdi. 

On 01/07/2019 at 02:48, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thinking about it, I'd rather sign the invisible man that Messi.

Just imagine how hard he'd be to mark!

On 01/07/2019 at 03:14, westy365owl said:

Surely once he put the kit on he wouldn't be invisible anymore? 

:Chansiri:   "Hmmmmmmm..."

660305A7-3056-4120-8BD1-C6139DE20199.jpeg

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Supposedly leaked online:

E1E174AB-D9AC-4055-AB99-8326CDFCCBA8.jpeg

Dont think it is too bad myself. Would have been an awesome ‘Keeper’s kit.

Cant wait for the comments saying it it too green and will ‘blend in with the pitch’... 

The way we play sometimes we don't need a green shirt to blend in with the pitch.

It looks like a Pakistani cricket shirt!

If that’s our away shirt for next season, it’s an absolute shocker. Colour is awful and the pixels are tacky. 

Why can’t we have a yellow away kit? Something like in the early nighties with the light blue trim and shorts. That was our best away kit in my lifetime. I always associate Wednesday with having a yellow away kit.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

As usual, many consider themselves the sole arbiter of the club's identity with all sorts of spurious reasoning for their disproportionate degrees of outrage. 

For example, comparisons with other teams would rule out several dozen possibilities at a stroke. Green? That's Plymouth and Ireland. Orange? Blackpool and Netherlands. Purple? Northampton or Hearts. White? Ugh; Leeds. Red? Obviously can't have that. Solid blue? Ipswich and Everton. Lighter blue? Huddersfield. Darker blue? West Brom. Other variations of stripes get derided as Wigan, Colchester or Brighton. So that opens the door for more original options which then gives us another excuse to have a freak out.

After the colour is out of the way we can then move onto whether we like the shape of the collar, the fabric, the sponsor, the size/fitting, the price, the release date, marketing strategy, the manufacturer, how it's displayed in the superstore...

And I'm not sure how all this fits in with those who insist that replica shirts are just for children anyway and not worth getting upset about in the first place. Seems like some people just can't help themselves and either are addicted to complaining about everything the club does or doesn't do or indulge in it because they think it makes them edgy or trendy. Never mind though, it will hopefully only be a few days before you can complain all over again about the new home shirt.

Personally, I think this new shirt isn't too bad and I'm glad they've tried a different colour rather than the black we've had a lot of recently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 05/07/2019 at 10:19, roaminowl said:

It it (sic) too green and will 'blend in with the pitch'.

Yes it made me sick too.  Might be OK with jeans though, or if holidaying in Plymouth. 

Why not green and white stripes?  From a distance it would look like our normal colours, without clashing with Millwall, Cardiff etc.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

As usual, many consider themselves the sole arbiter of the club's identity with all sorts of spurious reasoning for their disproportionate degrees of outrage. 

For example, comparisons with other teams would rule out several dozen possibilities at a stroke. Green? That's Plymouth and Ireland. Orange? Blackpool and Netherlands. Purple? Northampton or Hearts. White? Ugh; Leeds. Red? Obviously can't have that. Solid blue? Ipswich and Everton. Lighter blue? Huddersfield. Darker blue? West Brom. Other variations of stripes get derided as Wigan, Colchester or Brighton. So that opens the door for more original options which then gives us another excuse to have a freak out.

After the colour is out of the way we can then move onto whether we like the shape of the collar, the fabric, the sponsor, the size/fitting, the price, the release date, marketing strategy, the manufacturer, how it's displayed in the superstore...

And I'm not sure how all this fits in with those who insist that replica shirts are just for children anyway and not worth getting upset about in the first place. Seems like some people just can't help themselves and either are addicted to complaining about everything the club does or doesn't do or indulge in it because they think it makes them edgy or trendy. Never mind though, it will hopefully only be a few days before you can complain all over again about the new home shirt.

Personally, I think this new shirt isn't too bad and I'm glad they've tried a different colour rather than the black we've had a lot of recently.

I don’t understand why people get so upset by kit styles. Kits are temporary, if you particularly feel aggrieved by one kit rest assured it’ll be changed next season. 

Some are a bit crap, some are amazing. But it’s subjective. 

Thats the beauty of kits though isn’t it, you see the different styles over the years. I think it’s great seeing the different styles over the years. Kits make up the fabric and the history of the club.

Funnily enough the ones that were hated years ago are suddenly popular these days. 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

If you were any slower you would be going backwards. 

Havent you got some awards ceremony to be at today for the being the worlds and universe most super bestest fan ?

Nope, last week that.

Keep up Roland Rat 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Sorry boress. 

But surely you will be up for up for the next award for best in the galaxy, surely the fact you have got every pair of socks from the club shop for the past 25 years will get you that one?

You keep saying the same thing that doesn’t make any sense. I apologise for making you look a bit silly as it’s quite obvious you have certain problems 

Keep supporting the club pal, all the best 

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

You are looking far far too deep , people are saying it’s good and people are saying it’s poo,  

green or whatever the colour people will always have have a preference, I prefer yellow but nothing wrong with green, I just think it looks poo, nothing deeper than that.

Some are doing that, yes. And that is perfectly normal. Whether you like a design or not is purely subjective after all.

But that does not account for everybody in this thread. The attention seekers, trolls and drama queens see another spotlight to jump into for a few seconds.