Lazaar to stay with Newcastle United

Looked good in his first game for us, but anyone else did in that game as well, missed fair few games, and looked uninterested in his last outing for us. Opposition just run past him, and not once he put an effort in to stop player running with the ball down "his" flank. Overated due to one good game ha had on his debut.

Nothing is surprising about what he's said. A player coming into pre-season with a new manager coming in isn't exactly going to say, "I'm not going to play so I'd love a loan". Let's see where he's at at the end of August. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Why anyone wants him is beyond me. Looked a decent player but was only fit for FOUR games. No way should we splash the very small amount of cash we have on someone like that!

Hoping we get Penney up to speed as an attacking full back, Bruce developed and turned Robertson into a world beater, not saying Penney in same league as certainly not as quick but has a reight left peg and his positional sense and blocking of crosses was good before Dross decided to play him right inside midfield where he looked utterly lost. 

Hedging his bets no doubt. 

New management comes in. Wants to sign some of his own players. 

Ashley is a skinflint and won't give him money to spend. 

That means he'll have to sell players to raise some funds, so he'll have to sell the good players he's got meaning a better chance of breaking into the first team.... 

Hope he gets some games and enjoys his relagation dogfight and would be even better if we passed them going the other way  lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Hoping we get Penney up to speed as an attacking full back, Bruce developed and turned Robertson into a world beater, not saying Penney in same league as certainly not as quick but has a reight left peg and his positional sense and blocking of crosses was good before Dross decided to play him right inside midfield where he looked utterly lost. 

I don't think we'll ever see Penney get near to the standard Robertson was before Bruce got hold of him personally